W98SE ? USB ptr + parallel port ptr?

william

Under win98SE has anyone successfully had a configuration with two
printers - one on the USB port and one on LPT1?

William

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 19:45:05 +0100, in comp.periphs.printers William
<william@tarquin.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Under win98SE has anyone successfully had a configuration with two
>printers - one on the USB port and one on LPT1?

I had an Epson 1270 on USB and an HP LJII running on plain ol '98 with no
problems for years, several years ago.
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

I had an HP952C inkjet on USB and an HP laserjet 6P on the parallel port.
Sorry :)

Don

William wrote:
> Under win98SE has anyone successfully had a configuration with two
> printers - one on the USB port and one on LPT1?
>

> William
Yep I Have an Epson 700 & Epson lx800 dot matrix On Lpt1 and Epson 580
on USB can switch between with no problems

william

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 19:45:05 +0100, William
<william@tarquin.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Under win98SE has anyone successfully had a configuration with two
>printers - one on the USB port and one on LPT1?
>

>William

I'm having a hell of a job to get a new Epson R300 to install on my
friends machine with a Brother laser on LPT! I haven't yet tried
de-installing the Brother and then installing the Epson, but it's the
next job. Did any of you have nay difficulties? I've tried removing
all other USB devices before installing.

William