Walmart No Longer Selling Amazon Kindle Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

zolton33

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Heh if walmart really wants to compete with amazon they need to start carrying more types of products as amazon does. But they both need to make their sites a lot more easier to navigate when it comes to pc components to be honest. And walmart needs to start carrying pc components for diy pc building. But thats my 2 copper cents.

[citation][nom]Azathoth[/nom]Congratulations, now they will buy the tablets on the Amazon website and you won't get ANY cut of it![/citation]

Exactly and this is actually what Amazon wants since they are already selling them at a loss ( cost of materials and assembly for the $79 Kindle is $85 ) so having to also add in a subsidy for giving the retailer a profit on selling the device costs them even more - so they would prefer that all sales of the device come directly from them anyway !

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
That's fine b/c I f'in hate Wal-Wart anyways. I have finally begun to like shopping online, my wife loves the hell out of it, and since Wally is making this move, it just guarantees my wife to get her next Kindle from Amazon instead of her beloved Wal-Wart. Thanks, Wally.

G

"Now imagine a handheld gateway to everything Amazon has to offer, from Android apps to movie purchases to music to physical goods that can be bought with one click directly from Kindle tablets."

Do they really think you can't do this on iPad or Nexus 7?

manicmike

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2012
Eh, only time I go to Wal-Mart is when the other stores in the area are closed for the night and I really need something (I have a toddler who loves his Vitamin D Milk)...

Benihana

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
I was not really interested in a kindle. But just because of this article, I'm going to go buy one. And I'm going to leave my empty Kindle box at my local Wal-Mart.

bender3000

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
I would imagine that most of the tablet sales come from online transactions anyway, so no major loss.

Amazon > Target > a flea market >Walmart

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
The war is lost, I haven't stepped foot in a big-box store (other than a grocery store) for more than 3 years. Amazon rules, Wally-world drools. I mean go rub elbows with the unwashed masses and deal with the traffic or make a few clicks and my order is at my door in 2 days? Not really much of a decision.

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Amazon rules the market, and will dominate even more sales once its same-day delivery plans fall into place.
That sounds exciting. I hadn't heard about that until now. And here I thought 2-day shipping from Amazon Prime was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.