[SOLVED] Want to upgrade a rx470 to a 1660 super.

Solution
I think it's going to be close. I think it might a little....but that wouldn't stop me from doing it because I think if it did....it would only be a little.
Nov 27, 2019
I think it's going to be close. I think it might a little....but that wouldn't stop me from doing it because I think if it did....it would only be a little.
Thanks, man, trying to get into streaming with NVENC and having the 1660 super would be great. Thanks again for the early reply.

InvalidError

Titan
You know something. I tell people that 4 core i5's are not great for gaming anymore but just how bad they are I'm not really sure myself. I'm interested in this.
They are ok-ish to use if you already own one, all depends on personal expectations/requirements. Many modern games still list quad-i5 or worse as their minimum requirement. I have played through FFXV on my i5-3470 with a ~45FPS CPU bottleneck. For someone buying new though, they only make sense if you cannot get newer CPUs in your country yet. Personally, the Ryzen 3600 is the slowest CPU I might consider upgrading to.

They are ok-ish to use if you already own one, all depends on personal expectations/requirements. Many modern games still list quad-i5 or worse as their minimum requirement. I have played through FFXV on my i5-3470 with a ~45FPS CPU bottleneck. For someone buying new though, they only make sense if you cannot get newer CPUs in your country yet. Personally, the Ryzen 3600 is the slowest CPU I might consider upgrading to.
I had a 3600 but I sold it. Switched to cloud gaming but it sucked and now I have a PC again. I went all out on the GPU and I have an RTX 2080 ti. But the CPU I got a 2600. I figured I could always upgrade it later anyway.

InvalidError

Titan
I had a 3600 but I sold it. Switched to cloud gaming but it sucked and now I have a PC again. I went all out on the GPU and I have an RTX 2080 ti. But the CPU I got a 2600. I figured I could always upgrade it later anyway.
You can do that too. I'm planning to spend $200 on my next CPU and my current expectation is that I'll be picking between a 4600 or heavily discounted 3700/3700X.