Washed colors. Settings help.

b14ckrose

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Hi, first time poster here.

I just bought a new 27" monitor and I have a problem that is KILLING me. Looked all over the web and couldn't find a solution except "return your monitor" or "calibrate it" which I don't think is the case. Essentially I bought a Dell S2740L monitor and the colors are washed as hell. Here is the catch. When I open my nvidia control panel and slide any of the slider choices such as brightness, contrast, etc the color becomes perfect and vivid. Once I release the slider however the color will revert back to being washed out. It seems whatever is providing the color settings is overriding nvidia's control panel. Unfortunately changing the monitor's contrast/brightness settings does not have the same effect. So essentially I know the monitor can display vibrant colors, however something is keeping it from doing so. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this problem? Also I've tried HDMI DVI and VGA connections with adapters as well and the problem occurs with all three.

I really hope I described my problem well enough to understand.

"calibrate it"

revert any setting back to factory defaults on the monitor (if you changed any using the panel buttons) and run nvidia monitor setup. this will go through brightness and rgb where you adjust horizontal sliders to match up colors.

remember you have to save the settings for them to take effect. exiting out of the window may be discarding changes.