Watch the Portal 2 Trailer and Real Gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

frye

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Looks a lot better than Portal ever did! Funnier than Portal too. To say I'm excited would be an understatement.

Can't wait!!!

hootis8

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
@g00ey it was a portal related supprise, but i do sense annother orange box but without TF2 maybe something else :)

goldeknob

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
The reason for this is that the openness of the PlayStation 3 has allowed Valve to integrate(d) Portal 2 for PS3 with Steamworks, which means "auto updates, community features, downloadable content, and more."

doesn't the xbox beat the ps3 in all these aspects?

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]Jarmo[/nom]So... was this the big announcement?Did someone assume there wouldn't be a PS3 version?[/citation]

I would assume this is their big announcement, And actually they haven't made anything for ps3. "Valve's first in-house PlayStation 3 project"

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
Im kinda pissed actually. How much you want to bet that this is the reason Portal 2 got pushed back. So they could make a ps3 version. I dont want to wait for the pc version, just so they could make a craptastic ps3 version.

mtd324

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Anybody else scared by this "Big surprise"?
Our big surprise: We are finally going to sell-out too.
Valve was one of the ONLY developers still pushing PC games to new levels.
This looks like the beginning of the end for true PC games.
I foresee console ports from now on....
R.I.P. Valve, its only a matter of time before EA, or Activision owns you now.
Whats next CS:S2 with no dedicated servers?

P.S. -Portal 2 looks to be amazing though...genius is still genius even if its misdirected. (Just to be hypocritical :) )

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
"The reason for this is that the openness of the PlayStation 3 has allowed Valve to integrate(d) Portal 2 for PS3 with Steamworks, which means "auto updates, community features, downloadable content, and more."
[citation][nom]Goldeknob[/nom]doesn't the xbox beat the ps3 in all these aspects?[/citation]
Probably the "openness" they are referring to has less to do with hardware technology and more to do with the policies and marketing tactics of Sony vs. MS. In other words, Steamworks is seen as competition for XBox Live so MS said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.