Watermark after Windows 8.1

BriniaSona

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
I bumped the last one because of no replay after a long while and it got deleted. So if my post doesn't get answered I guess I should make two of the same thread instead of bumping an older one.

"Windows 8.1
SecureBoot isn't configured correctly
Build 9600"

I googled this and it said my only option was to go into bios and change it.

It is greyed out in bios.

So it then says i need to refresh the computer. I dont want to lose 300 or so gigs in games and data.

aidanklenk

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
i think that it just corrupted while it was installed, getting burned to the disk, or getting downloaded. there won't be a fix for it because it needs to be redone.
i'm not sure what you mean about the data bill, but what i meant was do you have another computer you can transfer the data to for a little bit and transfer it back after the install is complete?

BriniaSona

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
It's such a hassle resetting windows. some games cant simply be transferred, they need to be completely reinstalled. That and all my friggin programs. Windows is turning into EXACTLY what the people hate about Apple.

Which reset do I use and if I do does it remove stuff from a secondary drive?

BriniaSona

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
I just did the pc reset and kept my files, I installed all the windows updates then installed 8.1 (took 6 hours to friggin download even with super high speed).

Got her all done and the watermark is still there.

Why does windows want me to use secureboot anyways?

WinOutreach2

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
Secure Boot is a security feature of Windows 8 which protects against malware which operates outside the operating system, such as rootkit and bootkit type infections. There is a video demonstration of the technology available here from the Springboard Series on TechNet. If you are receiving the message after having upgrade to 8.1, you may want to check out this article detailing why it is appearing and how to resolve it. The most common cause is debug or pre-production code in your system firmware, or it simply being turned off. Updating your system firmware, a.k.a. a BIOS update, will usually resolve the issue, or in your case should at least allow you to turn it on.