[SOLVED] WCF Generic Command for Vista Setup? what is this thing??

May 25, 2022
so i newly built my new setup from fresh parts 6 days ago with fresh Windows 10 in it (its legal W10) now while using my computer i couldn't help but i noticed sometimes my whole systems LAGS like CRAZY even im not doing anything then i notice the culprit in Task Manager the (WCF Generic Command for Vista Setup) is eating every resource of my System making everything is LAGGING but this only took around 1-2 minute before it disappears like nothing happen the weird thing is this is only happen Once when i bootup my PC or Restart my PC this thing just appear in TaskManager then gone just like that , the next thing i did was another Fresh reformat my system and yet that thing still showing up now i need to bare this situation cause it only happen once when im using my PC ...yet sometimes i want to get rid of it completely but i dont know how?

heres the culprit image of the problem

May 28, 2022
not often we come full circle.
Have you run windows update recently?
Always.
But I did find this Superuser answer which helped me to understand the issue, since his script couldn't be downloaded I actually found a Microsoft support post about it,
I then pasted the commands below in a CMD window (ran as admin):

Code:
%windir%\microsoft.net\framework\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe update /force /queue

%windir%\microsoft.net\framework64\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe update /force /queue
For now, the issue seems to be resolved.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Jun 12, 2015
Have you run windows update and have latest version of 10?
which version of win 10

1. right click start
  2. choose run...
  3. type winver and press enter
  4. current version is 21H2
it appears its tied into .net and there have been a few .net updates in recent weeks.
link

Reactions: Knightmare033
i notice the culprit in Task Manager the (WCF Generic Command for Vista Setup) is eating every resource of my System making everything is LAGGING but this only took around 1-2 minute before it disappears like nothing happen
That seems to be a part of .NET framework setup.

Reactions: Knightmare033
May 28, 2022
not often we come full circle.
Have you run windows update recently?
Always.
But I did find this Superuser answer which helped me to understand the issue, since his script couldn't be downloaded I actually found a Microsoft support post about it,
I then pasted the commands below in a CMD window (ran as admin):

Code:
%windir%\microsoft.net\framework\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe update /force /queue

%windir%\microsoft.net\framework64\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe update /force /queue
For now, the issue seems to be resolved.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS