Oct 3, 2019
I’m having an issue with my external hardrive.

Alright so it’s a WD blue 1.0TB hardrive and when I bought it , it was in a Lenovo 2.5” USB 3.0 external HDD enclosure. But the USB port for it is loose so I could only access it if I put it up or hold it up in a certain way.

So I bought a new enclosure, an Orico 2.5” USB 3.0 external HDD enclosure. But this new enclosure makes the drive extremely slow, i can’t send or receive any data on the hard drive now unless I wait literally hours and if I try to watch something on the drive it stops to load every 10 seconds.

What do I do ? This enclosure is brand new , should I maybe exchange the enclosure? Coz when I take the drive back out and put it in the old one it works fine, only problem is that I have to hold it up in a specific way, which is impractical.

lynx1021

Distinguished
Did any drivers com with your Orico? It might have different ones than the Lenovo and is trying to use them. Are you using a USB3 port? Cable that came with it could be bad. It is usually recommended to use a port on the back of the machine.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019
Did any drivers com with your Orico? It might have different ones than the Lenovo and is trying to use them. Are you using a USB3 port? Cable that came with it could be bad. It is usually recommended to use a port on the back of the machine.

No the orico didn’t come with any drivers. I’ll check online to see if there might be drivers i can install. And yeah my pc has only USB 3.0 ports on it.

lynx1021

Distinguished
I don't know which orico you bought but there was one with a clear case that had a lot of bad reviews on Amazon, Check the reviews, I bought a orico PCIE to USB3 adapter and the earlier models had bad drivers but the one I got was fixed OK.

Oct 3, 2019
I don't know which orico you bought but there was one with a clear case that had a lot of bad reviews on Amazon, Check the reviews, I bought a orico PCIE to USB3 adapter and the earlier models had bad drivers but the one I got was fixed OK.
Yeah I bought the transparent one as well.

So I went online to download drivers for it, and I set them up and now it doesn’t work at all. It doesn’t show on my pc at all. Just lights up in blue and nothing flashes. So now I’ve given up and I’m going to exchange it for another. Just in case that one doesn’t work either, can someone please advise me on one I can get that won’t be this problematic??