WD Black SN750 Review: A Not so Fresh Refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2019
So this drive beats the 1TB 970 Evo in performance, yet it is priced to high? I think it is priced perfectly given that it beats the Evo.

NinjaNerd56

Honorable
Apr 6, 2013
I bought one of these 2 years ago for a NUC server I was building.

Yes, it ran 24 x 7 at 99% for 26 months but imagine my HAPPINESS when it went tits up at Xmas without warning.

It’s golden brown, as in toast. The Samsung in another machine that’s 4.5 years old?

Still kicking ass...

YMMV, WAC, WSL......

WD manufactors their own Hard Drives and for those you can trust today. I would say reliability and over priced on the black edition. Pretty much all hard drives tho are over priced today. Now these SSD's aren't manufactured by WD and even if they were I would have a real worry of their reliability. Performances matters not when its low grade parts so I wouldn't pay nearly as much for those as say Samsung's or Crucial that have a proven track record in the SSD market.

poodie13

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011
Yes, I would agree "... handcrafted ..." is a ridiculous description of a mass production sub-component. Even for a "designer case" these days that would sound silly.
And "...and an updated military-style font..."
- Too much Marketing-Speak in this article but I it is just a trade announcement.
: but we'll have to wait for it to pass through the lab to verify those claims :

Status
Not open for further replies.