We Played 'Unreal Tournament' At Epic Games And Loved It

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaospower

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2013
A 4770k is NOT an 8 core. It has 8 threads. Not the same thing.
Agreed. Someone downvoted you for some reason, but what you say is very true and that is quite a mistake for an article writer that's on a PC hardware site.

chaospower

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2013

It's still not 8 cores. Sure it's not the main point of the article, but that's just plain wrong information and I'd like that fixed.

jaredmjohnson

Reputable
May 8, 2015

Fair enough.

hrhuffnpuff

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
I liked the original UT, but somewhat hated the sequels or rather just didn't enjoy them nearly as much.

I agree totally, Actually the very 1st game, Unreal is my favorite. I want Epic to go back to Na' Pali for the sequel.

beetlejuicegr

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
I liked the original UT, but somewhat hated the sequels or rather just didn't enjoy them nearly as much.
Damn right, I like the feel of the alpha, although it seems you move too fast however when i see my opponents their movement seems fine, player/surroundings ratio is weird.

And yes i felt that going back to roots on the movement options area good thing, CANT WAIT, i play tonight my first pre-alpha..memories of 1999 rose up..all the good friends i have since then. GG

badsleepwalker 86

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
As long as they bring back assault from the original ut, I'll be happy.

A full remake of original unreal and return to nali pali would be great in ue4, and even though the game is game linear, the outdoor maps were a good size, so it might do well in today's market.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Now if only there is a Mac version! For that matter, if only there was a port to Mac for the original version.

Same for Linux!! Would love to play this game on my Linux machine natively.

shiitaki

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
Linux and OS X have enough in common, seems that should be possible. The only issue would be the DRM of course. Can't have a modern piece of software without that wonderful DRM!

Linux and OS X are both OpenGL, and run on x64 processors.

I've spent 20 bucks to buy C&C Generals from the Apple app store, and I've spent 20 bucks to buy Quake 4 from the app store as well. They play the same, but run much better without the serial keys and needing disk, and the inevitable errors about keys being invalid.

I prefer to buy out of the app store, even if I have to pay a little more.

UT4 in the app store for Christmas!

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

While it is true that "threads" can be implemented in software, in almost every context we're talking about hardware support for parallel execution. This isn't an abstraction, it is very much represented in physical circuitry.

codo

Honorable
May 5, 2012
Have played the pre alpha, its good. Things like paid outfits and accessories for characters should never- EVER be a thing but oh well, I wont be buying them. Hope maps and stuff don't end up costing a fortune.

ammaross

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011

While it is true that "threads" can be implemented in software, in almost every context we're talking about hardware support for parallel execution. This isn't an abstraction, it is very much represented in physical circuitry.

"# of Cores: 4" - Intel's ARK website. If they say it's 4 cores, no amount of splitting hairs makes it otherwise. And it's not "parallel execution." Go read up on how HyperThreading actually works.
http://ark.intel.com/products/75123/Intel-Core-i7-4770K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz

TripleHeinz

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
I still remember when I played Unreal and RTNP on a Pentium III with a Voodoo 5 through Glide renderer. I've been drying while waiting for Unreal 3 ever since.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
This better come with mod support and an editor. From the sounds of "marketplace" with $2.99 character masks and other micro-transactions, it sounds like Epic have no interest in supporting a mod community. It is a shame they don't remember their roots, it's the mod community that brought the life to the UT games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS