Weird ATI Control Panel Problem

nbk

Hi

For some reason, it takes about 30 seconds to open my ATI Options Tab
after i log on to my computer. I have to wait at least 30 seconds to
open it.

I ran Spybot and Ad-Aware to no avail and defraged too

My specs: Windows XP SP1, ASUS P4P800 Deluxe 1016 BIOS, ATI Radeon 9800
Pro Cats 4.4, Pioneer DVR-A04, Samsung 352b Combo Drive, Maxtor 160Gb
attached to VIA RAID, 40Gb Hard Drive, onboard sound, ADS 1394 card,
Pentium 4 3.06 Proc, 550watt Enermax PSU and 2xCrucial 512Mb.

"NBK" <die@spammer.net> wrote
> For some reason, it takes about 30 seconds to open my ATI Options Tab
> after i log on to my computer. I have to wait at least 30 seconds to
> open it. I ran Spybot and Ad-Aware to no avail and defraged too

I would try cleaning up and re-installing the driver and control panel.

nbk

Aki Peltola wrote:
> "NBK" <die@spammer.net> wrote
>
>>For some reason, it takes about 30 seconds to open my ATI Options Tab
>>after i log on to my computer. I have to wait at least 30 seconds to
>>open it. I ran Spybot and Ad-Aware to no avail and defraged too
>

> I would try cleaning up and re-installing the driver and control panel.

I uninstalled CAT 4.4 and installed Cat 4.7 to no avail. The memory
card reader/writer in my HP Photosmart 7550's tasktray icon has to load
before i can access the ATI options tab. I guess im stuck with this.

Thanks
NBK

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 00:07:52 GMT, NBK <die@spammer.net> wrote:

>Hi
>
>For some reason, it takes about 30 seconds to open my ATI Options Tab
>after i log on to my computer. I have to wait at least 30 seconds to
>open it.
>
>I ran Spybot and Ad-Aware to no avail and defraged too
>
>My specs: Windows XP SP1, ASUS P4P800 Deluxe 1016 BIOS, ATI Radeon 9800
>Pro Cats 4.4, Pioneer DVR-A04, Samsung 352b Combo Drive, Maxtor 160Gb
>attached to VIA RAID, 40Gb Hard Drive, onboard sound, ADS 1394 card,
>Pentium 4 3.06 Proc, 550watt Enermax PSU and 2xCrucial 512Mb.

My much lower spec machine will open it in a second. Perhaps if, as
you say, you're trying to open it immediately after you log on, there
are still processes loading that slow it down.

patrickp