I've just finished my build, here are the specs:

i5 12400f
Gigabyte 4070ti Eagle OC
Gigabyte b760m gaming x ax ddr4 mobo
Corsair Vengeance 3200 mhz ddr4 RAM
Kingston 1tb SSD
CoolerMaster Masterwatt 750 watt psu
Windows 11 pro

I'm having some weird behavior I haven't seen before and I'm not sure if its a hardware or software related problem. When the PC goes to sleep or shuts down, all the fans stop spinning, all the RBG turns off. But the GPU's RGB stays on and its troubleshooting light flashes white (presumably indicating some type of connection error). I cannot get the PC out of this state. It won't wake up when its asleep and won't boot by just using the power button when its switched off when its in this state. It'll only boot normally again when I switch the power supply on and off. After that, it'll boot as usual by using the power button.

Another weird thing; when it went to sleep and it shows this behavior, I switch on and off the power supply, I'll use the power button to turn the PC on, after which it'll boot into Windows as if it came out of sleep, with all my programs still opened. I would assume that killing power would mean a hard reset, right? Or is this normal behavior?

I don't really know where to start troubleshooting; it almost seems like the GPU isn't going to sleep or powering down when it should, causing the PC to get stuck in a troubleshooting loop. During daily usage(office work and gaming), I haven't encountered any problems so far. Its only this issue when going to sleep or shutting down.

Many thanks for any advice on this issue

Since you see the previous contents after a power off, I would think that the sleep option is hibernate which stores the contents of ram and resets it when powered on. In windows advanced power options, you might make the sleep default to no hibernate. That will be a quicker sleep/wake, but in the event of a power failure, you would lose the contents of ram.
The power usage for the cpu and monitor would be minimal, close to a full power off.

With a new chipset there may be many small defects that are fixed with a bios update. Check for applicable updates.
In the bios, there should be a number of options regarding sleep.
For example would you allow a keyboard, mouse, or lan activity to wake.
There are levels of sleep state regarding how little power to retain while sleeping.

When shut down, but the psu is still plugged in, there will be some amount of electrical power available. That is how the psu detects that you have pushed the power button to start up.
Possibly this trickle power is also used to run the gpu's RGB lights.

If Gigabyte has a user forum, you might find a solution.
Or, contact Gigabyte support.
The issue could be in either the motherboard or gpu.

TRENDING THREADS