Question Weird Buzzing/Humming Noise coming from PC

AnthonyCardona

Honorable
Dec 5, 2014
HI Everyone, so recently ive been having this odd issue with my PC. Ive already changed out multiple parts of my computer such as the Motherboard,HDD, PSU, GPU and CPU Cooler. Anyways It seems to be making a slight buzzing/humming noise whenever im rendering something on the screen.

Originally i had a GTX 1060(made coil whine noise already) and then upgraded to a gigabyte rtx 2070 super. When i had that GPU it made a really loud whining noise whenever i got high fps or whenever it was under a heavy payload. I thought it was the GPU coil whine so i sold that one and got a sapphire pulse 5700xt.
After i installed that GPU it continued to make the noise. At this point i had already purchased a brand new 750 w gold rated PSU and a new motherboard.

I already took out the ram sticks one at a time to see if that would cause anything but it still makes the noise. It seems to be coming from the GPU area but i already went through 2 GPUs.

Heres an video showcasing the whining noise with my old PSU(
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu7EtqVnU6Y
)

Capping the fps to 144hz seems to help the situation but does not eliminate it.

Note: The person who bought my 2070 claims that there is no such buzzing noise and it works fine

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
HI Everyone, so recently ive been having this odd issue with my PC. Ive already changed out multiple parts of my computer such as the Motherboard,HDD, PSU, GPU and CPU Cooler. Anyways It seems to be making a slight buzzing/humming noise whenever im rendering something on the screen.

Originally i had a GTX 1060(made coil whine noise already) and then upgraded to a gigabyte rtx 2070 super. When i had that GPU it made a really loud whining noise whenever i got high fps or whenever it was under a heavy payload. I thought it was the GPU coil whine so i sold that one and got a sapphire pulse 5700xt.
After i installed that GPU it continued to make the noise. At this point i had already purchased a brand new 750 w gold rated PSU and a new motherboard.

I already took out the ram sticks one at a time to see if that would cause anything but it still makes the noise. It seems to be coming from the GPU area but i already went through 2 GPUs.

Heres an video showcasing the whining noise with my old PSU(
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu7EtqVnU6Y
)

Capping the fps to 144hz seems to help the situation but does not eliminate it.

Note: The person who bought my 2070 claims that there is no such buzzing noise and it works fine

Sounds like fans maxing out. If you're temps are good and not that overheating when you're putting heavy workload to it. You can try slowing it down manually?

AnthonyCardona

Honorable
Dec 5, 2014
Sounds like fans maxing out. If you're temps are good and not that overheating when you're putting heavy workload to it. You can try slowing it down manually?

Hmm, the noise doesnt seem to be coming from the fans. I put my fingers to stop them and it still makes the noise. Im considering the GPU once again because thats where the noise seems to be coming from however my temps are Good.

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
Hmm, the noise doesnt seem to be coming from the fans. I put my fingers to stop them and it still makes the noise. Im considering the GPU once again because thats where the noise seems to be coming from however my temps are Good.

Can't hear the actual sound. Your voice is louder sorry. You might want recording the PC and the buzzing sound only at close range from different angle.

Also, please try to temporarily slow down your fans. Looks like they're running at max RPM.

Reactions: AnthonyCardona

AnthonyCardona

Honorable
Dec 5, 2014
Can't hear the actual sound. Your voice is louder sorry. You might want recording the PC and the buzzing sound only at close range from different angle.

Also, please try to temporarily slow down your fans. Looks like they're running at max RPM.

Hi, yeah sorry the video is a little but if you wear headphones you can hear it towards the end. How would i be able to slow them down, The front two have a switch i can use but the rear fan i cant control like that

Feb 3, 2020
Hi, yeah sorry the video is a little but if you wear headphones you can hear it towards the end. How would i be able to slow them down, The front two have a switch i can use but the rear fan i cant control like that
This could be coil whine if it is coming from the GPU, normal in most instances and not harmful at all. Thats IF its coming from the GPU, if not it may be a fan somewhere that is working way over the needed amount, try downloading software such as CPU-z and MSI afterburner if you want to easily control clock/fan speeds and dont want to have to mess a ound in BIOS :)