Nov 20, 2020
So long story short i was using a gtx 960 for a long time, Warzone ran fine, i mean not 60 fps fine, but 40-50 fps fine, it was playable, half a year ago a friend of mine lend me his 1060 it was a good card, i used to run Warzone at 50-70 fps, my cpu is a core i5 4440, i know, i know, it is a really bad cpu and i plan on upgrading really soon, but anyway, my friend needed his 1060 back so i started using my 960 again and then the problem began, warzone was running at 11 fps, so i thought an update made the game more demanding or something and i tried to lower the graphics to ultra low... still 11 fps, thats werid, lets lower the resolution, 720... 11fps, mmm? 800x600 9 fps, what the hell is going on here? lets try red dead redemption 2, i get 15 fps 720 ultra low, my only conclution was that my gpu was literally dying, so i bought a 2060 literally yesterday, i tried warzone and i wasnt expecting really high fps because of my cpu but still maybe 60-75fps but no... 25 fps on ultra, med, low, ultra low settings at 1080p, but now red dead redemption 2 and other games run fine, i dont think its my cpu casue as i said i used to play the same game on the same cpu but with a 1060 at 50-70 fps, bad mobo? bad pcie slot? bad psu? this is driving me insane please someone help me, i've reinstalled drivers with ddu and stuff, maybe some asus software is not playing nice with my pc cause the 1060 was a strix card, my 2060 is an evga ko ultra and btw i've checked my temps and all of my temps seem normal, except when play warzone, my gpu is at 39c while playing warzone and rdr2 it gets up to 72c

Core i5-4440
EVGA RTX 2060 KO ULTRA
16gb ddr3
Game and windows installed on a 240 ssd

Last edited:
Solution
Have you tried doing this before swapping GPU's around? Yes drivers may go haywire sometimes cause its "Windows".
Have you tried doing this before swapping GPU's around? Yes drivers may go haywire sometimes cause its "Windows".

Solution
Nov 20, 2020
Well i forgot to mention i reinstalled windows, not a "clean" install i just used the thing that says "delete everything and reinstall windows" not from a bootable drive or anything, but im trying this anyways, ill let you know.

Nov 20, 2020
It did not work, heres a screenshot of gpu-z sensor tab
View: https://imgur.com/a/7fPvYoV

You see that it holds steady 1300Mhz core clock which is waay under 1750MHz, which might indicate PSU (But in GPU-Z it does not list Perf cap reason which is weird),
Also I've googled your PSU and it only popped here somebody asking which PSU to buy which lead them saying its crap.
Just to ensure its not GPU issue , try into friends PC , if it works there i would try to take his PSU and try with his in your system (if its better, like corsair, evga), if it works with his PSU fine in your PC i would buy a new PSU (i would do this to ensure there isnt some issue with your motherboard or drivers).

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/which-is-better.3051011/
The post.

Nov 20, 2020
You see that it holds steady 1300Mhz core clock which is waay under 1750MHz, which might indicate PSU (But in GPU-Z it does not list Perf cap reason which is weird),
Also I've googled your PSU and it only popped here somebody asking which PSU to buy which lead them saying its crap.
Just to ensure its not GPU issue , try into friends PC , if it works there i would try to take his PSU and try with his in your system (if its better, like corsair, evga), if it works with his PSU fine in your PC i would buy a new PSU (i would do this to ensure there isnt some issue with your motherboard or drivers).

The post.
I just tried with another PSU an evga one brand new, still getting the same thing, and gpuz shows vRel and VOp on both psu's, im going insane trying to figure this thing out, the game is literally deciding to not use my gpu, i have specifically told the game through windows to use my rtx 2060 and i see ingame that it is supposedly using it, but task manager shows 6% gpu usage, and well you saw what gpuz says.
I guess i'll try a clean windows reinstall, booting from a usb drive and stuff

Reactions: RememberThe5th
Nov 20, 2020

The post.
Well, I fixed it, i reset the CMOS and did a full clean reinstall of windows and apparently it worked lol, maybe something in my bios that i completely overlooked or maybe something on my windows, but it worked, thank you for the suggestions, really appreciate it!
View: https://imgur.com/a/ax3exAC

Reactions: RememberThe5th