Question Weird IPS glow in gaming laptop

Jul 21, 2019
Hi,

After waiting for a long time for a decent bargain, I've got a gaming laptop, a HP OMEN an113ns.

I'm happy with the computer in general, except for the screen. I'm already aware that IPS technology comes with some IPS glow that you cannot avoid, but the problem in my laptop (which I have had replaced once, with almost no difference) is that this is quite focalised. It's like I'm looking to one of those big ads lighted on the top with some cheap bulbs up and on the corners.

When using it in a normal setting, this effect is hard to see, but not impossible to see. However, when playing videogames in dark background or seeing movies on the same setting, it becomes very noticeable.

As this seems to happen to IPS very often, I'd like to share a picture with you. I'm quite strict so I'm considering that I may be overreacting, as I've have had this replaced once with no differences.

I tried to embed it with no success, so I share a link:

https://pasteboard.co/Ip3GCfS.jpg

Please give my your feedback as I'm still on time to have this laptop returned and money refunded.

Thanks,

NP

Jul 21, 2019
Thanks for your response.

I've also read about this. My question was towards to know if this was normal or not, as I did RMA already for another one and the one received had the same effect.

I'll most probably RMA it again for a refund. Thanks again for your time.