Question Weird lines on screen fixed by entering sleep mode

Mar 31, 2022
I am writing from my Lenovo Legion Y-520 laptop. Once the OS loads to login screen weird lines start from bottom of the screen and up. What's strange here is that when i login despite all distortions and enter sleep mode, on wake up they're gone. What could be the cause for that kind of behavior? Is it that my GPU is dying? With time passing the lines become more and more of a problem for me. At one time I installed new game currently at beta phase at the time. My adapter died on me and I got BSOD. Then I lost the my 1050ti GPU from the list with the available adapters. I did some voodoo internet magic and somehow made it come back, since then this problem is present. At that particular time also got my thermal paste reapplied which make me believe there could be dust or something like that giving shortages. That's just an assumption. Is it that the adapter is crying for re-balling? Maybe I've got crypto virus that fried the GPU or something like that? Drivers are up to date being stated from Lenovo Support site test. Other possible culprit would be Windows 10 update that happened somewhere in between. Thanks for the attention in advance!

Ralston18

Titan
Mar 31, 2022
When entering BIOS at Graphics Adapter if I put UMA and restart the machine, it uses only Intel Graphics and no lines appear on screen. As it seem it's faulty GPU, but why so sleep mode fixes it is beyond me.