Question Weird Low 99 % FPS

Jun 17, 2022
Hello.

For the past couple of days I've been having issues with the FPS In one of my favorite FPS games Apex Legends.

The FPS Itself Isn't a problem as it usually lies around 144. However, some of the time, the "99 % FPS" tab is a bit different. With values reaching only 40+ and mostly below 50 FPS.
When the 99 % FPS is broken, the normal FPS value goes down to 100 - 110.

The weird thing is that It always seems to fix itself somehow. I don't know If I am the one doing it or if it just randomely fixes itself.
V-Sync Isn't turned on and It doesn't fix it either.

Changing the video settings does not increase or decrease the 99 % FPS In any way.
Restarting the PC does not work either. It must fix Itself??
I've also updated the GPU drivers.

I've not noticed any thermal Issues and the GPU usage lies around 60 - 90% when playing it.
It is perfectly playable once it fixes itself somhow. However It almost always happens everytime I've started my PC after sleeping.

This weird glitch mostly happens after It's been a while since I last played it.
It's annoying but It's still playable. But any recommendations will be appreciated

UPDATE: It randomely fixes itself by just running around doing nothing. And the time it takes can vary.

SPECS:
-RTX 2070 SUPER
-Intel Core I9-10900F
-If you need any other specs write below.

Last edited:
If your talking about 99% GPU usage and when it goes down that is when a bottleneck is slowing down the GPU so it has to roll back on itself till it gets the data it needs to open up again,

Say your 40% CPU and you 99% GPU Usage that means there is no bottleneck and you are getting the best FPS possible.

But say its 90% CPU and 40-70%% GPU the CPU is not fast enough to keep up so ideally put the graphics up so ur GPU is utilized more or cap ur frames. That or get a better CPU.

Other things can effect usages such as Disk and RAM speed also the game engine itself for example limiting to 2 cores or threads.

When you hit ur monitors 144hz so at the cap 143fps the GPU may say 60% cause that's all it needs to hit the max of ur monitor.

Tell us ur other hardware.