[SOLVED] Weird PC stuttering for no reason at random

Jan 7, 2022
At random times as in regardless of if I am doing something demanding or just on Google my PC will stutter for a very short time and then completely stops stuttering and goes back to normal. It's usually so quick I haven't had a chance to check task manager for usage or anything but does anyone have any idea what's going on? I'd hate for my PC to have faulty hardware or something like that.

CPU: Ryzen 3600x
Motherboard: ASUS X570 Pro WiFi
RAM: 32GB of DDR4
SSD: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus and 2 Seagate Barracudas
GPU: RTX 3070
PSU: Corsair Gold 650 Watts
Chassis: Phanteks Eclipse P300

Last edited:
Solution
After scrolling through that thread the OP posted a video recreating it which is exactly the same thing I am experiencing so it is very possible this is the problem, I'll try that and see what happens, thanks!
EDIT: Is there any downsides to disabling fTPM by the way? I have no idea what it actually is haha.

I can confirm your issue is most likely the fTPM. I have posted a thread here, explaining it to my knowledge and how I fixed it. If you're on Windows 10, and are not using BitLocker, the only thing that would happen after disabling it is the fact that you'd need to reset your log-in password when booting up the PC. Windows 10 doesn't require a TPM, Windows 11 officially does. I hope my thread helps, let me know if...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. Frist off, your specs to your build;
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Then a video to corroborate what you're seeing/saying. It might seem random but if it develops into a pattern it can very well be a precursor to something else entirely.

Jan 7, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. Frist off, your specs to your build;
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Then a video to corroborate what you're seeing/saying. It might seem random but if it develops into a pattern it can very well be a precursor to something else entirely.
Added the specs, literally just remembered it and was gonna add it but you responded already haha, I'll try and get a video if I can like I said it's so inconsistent and at complete random for short intervals that I cannot check anything like usages or get a video

Jan 7, 2022
Hi, this is probably caused by AMD fTPM. You should diasable TPM in bios settings. Just google for "amd tpm 2.0 stutter"
After scrolling through that thread the OP posted a video recreating it which is exactly the same thing I am experiencing so it is very possible this is the problem, I'll try that and see what happens, thanks!
EDIT: Is there any downsides to disabling fTPM by the way? I have no idea what it actually is haha.

Jan 25, 2022

I can confirm your issue is most likely the fTPM. I have posted a thread here, explaining it to my knowledge and how I fixed it. If you're on Windows 10, and are not using BitLocker, the only thing that would happen after disabling it is the fact that you'd need to reset your log-in password when booting up the PC. Windows 10 doesn't require a TPM, Windows 11 officially does. I hope my thread helps, let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Solution