Question Weird pixelated rainbow textures on every game I play

Nov 6, 2022
GPU: 2080ti
Hi there, around 2 nights ago I was playing Warhammer Vermintide II when I noticed random objects would either have no texture at all (pitch black) or have an extremely noticeable rainbow pixelated texture. At first I thought it was the game, as when I got close enough to some objects effected by the problem, the rainbow texture would disappear and the correct one would load in. I researched the issue for an hour or two before I came to the conclusion that it was an issue on my end, due to the lack of information about my problem on that specific game. I heard the latest Nvidia drivers had issues so I used DDU to downgrade to 522.25, I thought that fixed the problem, as the issue did go away for a while. Then today when I woke up, I started playing the new CoD, and I noticed a strangely familiar sight. I honestly have no idea what is causing this issue at this point, I have a pretty limited technical knowledge when it comes to hardware errors, so any help is welcome.
0N4RZot.png

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

BIOS version for your motherboard? Also, use GPU-Z and see what the memory for the GPU is being reported as. Include the age of the PSU apart from the make and model of the unit, as well. When you woke up to the system, did the driver version change to the latest?

Tom cruise432

BANNED
Sep 13, 2022
Games featuring rainbow textures frequently have a graphics card problem, such as overheating or being unable to handle the game's load. It can be a GPU or renderer issue. Bad drivers from the manufacturer of the visual card, however, can potentially be the root of the problem.