Question Weird problems with a Sapphire ?

Skullwriter

Prominent
Jul 31, 2022
Hi there, everyone! Recently I upgraded my rig, and the last piece was buying a Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT NITRO+.

The problem is that out of nowhere, it started resetting the pc. And not just that, whenever it resets the pc at the smallest usage, it fritzes the audio drivers to the point where the motherboard can't identify the speakers.

Now, this isn't my first time building a computer, so I took care of examining everything. First thing I tested was the heat. The board was cool and so was the processor, 30° and 50° respectively. For power, I have a Bronze Corsair Cx750M , 100hrz above the minimum requirements. I tested the ram, nothing, tested the processor, nothing. Then I slapped my forehead and realized that I forgot to clean up the installation of the video drivers, and tried to scrub everything clean. After that, I tested with a medium game, nothing wrong, then went heavy with Monster Hunter world on Maximum and The Ascent also on maximum, no problem. Solved, right?

This is where things get weird.

I spent the WHOLE SUNDAY gaming (because it's my break), hours upon hours of gaming. Then I turn it off for a second to get dinner... return, watch a movie, turn the game on... and it happens again. It restarts the pc at the merest usage of the video card. I scrub everything clean again with another installation, and things go back to normal. Except that I go and fiddle in the customization in the Adrenaline of the AMD software to tell it to please, use the fans, turning off the '0rpm'. It crashes, resets, and the software refuses to acknowledge my changes. I try testing it again with the software as it is (after it reseted to default with the 0rpm on) and its fine! What the heck is going on!?

My Specs are:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz Processor
24GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1050MHz (15-15-15-36)
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME B450M-GAMING/BR (AM4)
12GB ATI AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT

Everything is up to date, including realtek audio drivers. Please help!

Edit: Forgot to say that during the first tryouts, the best that the computer told me, after I checked the windows logs, was that there was a problem with the hdaudbus.inf driver, but it was gone after I resetted again.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? Is your PSU the one with the grey label or the green label? Did you use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers before you dropped in the discrete GPU into your build? What OS are you working with?

it was gone after I resetted again.
Could you elaborate on how you reset it?

Skullwriter

Prominent
Jul 31, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? Is your PSU the one with the grey label or the green label? Did you use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers before you dropped in the discrete GPU into your build? What OS are you working with?

it was gone after I resetted again.
Could you elaborate on how you reset it?
Fairly new, less than one year. Corsair Cx750M 80 Plus Bronze , semi-modular, and I don't see any labels. I didn't uninstall the previous GPU drivers (which was one of my mistakes. I'm more used to exchange parts when they burn out, it was literally the first time I upgraded a rig that was still working). I'm using windows 11.

And thanks! I check these forums often whenever I have problems. They've always been really helpful! This time however I couldn't find anything even remotely similar to what's happening.

Skullwriter

Prominent
Jul 31, 2022

Skullwriter

Prominent
Jul 31, 2022
Just an update, tested the hardware using OCCT, every part independently, nothing. Then the problem disappeared. It seems it was something with the bugged drivers.

TRENDING THREADS