KevinFD9

Prominent
Jan 31, 2021
CPU : Ryzen 3100
GPU : MSI GTX 1660 Super
Motherboard : Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2
RAM : 16GB 3600 (2x8GB )
PSU : Corsair TX650M Gold

So, I recently built my PC and started to notice there's a weird zapping/arcing like noise coming from the power supply. It doesn't seem like to increase or decrease under load or when idling and sometimes it gets louder or quieter without any apparent cause. PC continues to work flawlessly and doesn't seem to be affected by it. It only starts to make this noise at random times and sometimes it goes away on it's own or It will keep making the noise until I turn the power off at the wall. Should I be concerned about this?

Thank you.

View: https://soundcloud.com/user-425043282/psu-noise

Solution

So, I recently built my PC and started to notice there's a weird zapping/arcing like noise coming from the power supply. It doesn't seem like to increase or decrease under load or when idling and sometimes it gets louder or quieter without any apparent cause. PC continues to work flawlessly and doesn't seem to be affected by it. It only starts to make this noise at random times and sometimes it goes away on it's own or It will keep making the noise until I turn the power off at the wall. Should I be concerned about this?

Thank you.

View...

Thank you.

View: https://soundcloud.com/user-425043282/psu-noise

Yes you should be concerned. I'd pull it out of service now if I was you before it damages your PC or worse...arcing noises are never good in a PSU.

Reactions: KevinFD9
Solution