Welcome to Tom's Hardware!

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 18, 2018
Hey! This is cjblue, but you may call me blue or cj. I am a long time pc user. My dad helped me build my first pc when I was 13. I remember writing vbs scripts on the computers in middle school and putting them in the startup folder as a prank (I was/still am a huge nerd btw)

My knowledge is not that expansive, but I am in the process of changing that. Ive got cobol, python, and matlab under my belt, and planning to tackle html5 next.

Fun fact: I can speak pretty decent french

Sep 20, 2018
FVP here. a Dream to some, a NIGHTMARE to others! self taught regarding computers and Swashbuckler too AARGH! 20yrs in computers, still learning. I don't give up easy. took almost a year on one particular laptop once till I got it fixed. have a 630i XPS thats 9 months with me. I want to fix it then let it blow it self off again. bad reviews on that setup, others have had good luck. and more recent a Vaio that took me 14 days. I could have wiped it out and done in a day, but I Am STUBBORN WAHAHAHAHAHA

Sep 24, 2018
Hi, I'm Andy
I was once a tech and network guy. And I was awful. Now I'm in animation and definitely not awful. But I'm building a new rig for rendering and used all kinds of benchmarks, reviews and comparisons from Tom's. In case you can't live without knowing, I'm about to assemble a Ryzen 7 2600X, a X470 msi motherboard (but not the most expensive one, THANKS TOMS!) an nvida 1060 and 32 gigs of ram to start. Will probably add another 1060 but I want to see how fast a single one is with Octane. Interesting fact. You don't need to SLI multiple gpus when rendering. I didn't know that.

Also turned in my office desk for a serta recliner with massage an airdesk and two fifty inch monitors. The official excuse is to prevent spine compression. The real reason is if I'm going to be doing something twelve hours a day, I may as well have my feet up. LOL, don't know why I'm telling y'all this. Maybe some of you will appreciate the shere bougieness of my new office.

I came to this forum cuz I got an SSD and two 3 terabyte 7200 rpm hds which I'm connecting with SATA and I'm wondering how people would set it up so I don't have slow response from windows when searching stuff on the traditional hds. I won't bore people (more than already). I'll put up a thread for that. But this is kind of my first foray back into hardware in two years. So it's nice that it's Toms.

Sep 24, 2018
I'm Tadashi, a Japanese 13 year old/geek who's been looking at this forum forever. As of right now I don't have a PC, middle of convincing my parents to get me one.

Sep 27, 2018
The name is Quan and currently in love with rgb pc set up. A lil bit late to the game but still trying to catch up

Sep 30, 2018

Oct 10, 2018
Hi everyone!
May I please be given PM features?
I am trying to reach CompuTronix.
Thanks in advance

Top right of the screen you have the number of posts you have replies in and below that, the number of PM message yuo have.

Click on that then a form shows up and where it says Send a message (or similar) and you enter his or her name and write the message. Click Send when ready.

Oct 11, 2018
Hello there !!!

I'm Angel. I'm in computer world since the old times of 8bit computers, going through the great commodore Amiga 500 and then using several PC (not changing CPU frequently..)

Hope to learn a lot here, as I'm a bit out of the game with the last advances.

Cheers.

Oct 12, 2018
Hi, I'm Alex, been into computer and coding since the beginning of the nineties. I've been checking this website and forum for a while already. Now a proud member :)

Oct 15, 2018
Hello, I'm Agafwaga (not real name but you get the idea). I'm farely new to the PC world I've been planing my gaming/content creation rig for a year now, however still don't have the money yet. So far its been fun, it's a cool community full of helpful knowledgeable people. Currently I am playing on a XBox

Oct 18, 2018
Hi the name's Chiraz Ennaceur, Two things I live for and would die for, RPGs and Scifi Movies. Although my passion goes as far as it can. I do not like to miss out even on small things. I grew up playing arcade games, now my interest has shifted towards current gen games.

A badass player on CS Go and PUBG while Assassin's Creed series and The Witcher 3 are my safe havens. In my spare time, I like to sit back and enjoy a classic entertainment. Desperately waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 and Death Stranding.