Well the original IBM that I loved has gone to the Chinese

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The merger of the IBM unit that I loved from a boy based in New York will
soon become Chinese. Is this a good thing, bad thing or possibly a mixed
bag. It will probably end up costing U.S. workers there jobs, end up having
even more Chinese merchandise on our shores, raise the trade deficit, etc. I
gues it is capitalism in motion but I still do not fully trust the Chinese
because of their spying on us in the past and other security considerations.
I am not particulary happy about this development but that's life and who
knows maybe it is a good thing. In addition, the strongest hit that I got on
my computer network in Summer of 2003 I think was almost 18,000 and the hit
originated from China. I will look up the information and post back. This
could be a serious national security breach but I want opinions so I can form
a good opinion myself. Anyone feel free to comment and even though I know
this is not a Microsoft issue per say it still involves technology in general
and the American way of life.

http://news.com.com/Lenovo+gets+green+light+from+Washington/2100-1003_3-5605657.html

>The merger of the IBM unit that I loved from a boy based in New York will
>soon become Chinese.

IBM computers have been produced in China for several years now.

Bill Starbuck (MVP)

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks for letting me know, Bill. I checked on my original IBM PCjr and I am
proud to say that it was made in New York. I am saddened that even more
manufacturing jobs will now go overseas and if Americans were not so cheap
then they would be willing to pay more money for goods made in America and by
our allies. <sigh> I guess I lost this battle but I will press on and never
give up. Thanks for the reply and letting me know that IBM computers are
already made in China.

: