We're Hiring and We Want You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
School gets in the way unfortunately. Only thing listed I'd be good at is taking care of the Forums and taking what people say into consiederation to make the place better.

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
I like to bring up discussions and comment on articles that are compelling enough for both the casual hardware/pc user to the silicon heads.

The only thing is I’m in another country, is it possible to work from home or office? I’m 12 hours opposite the Eastern Standard time.... I can also help make this site even more user friendly.Would we get a free subscription to reuters or the AP?

ALANMAN

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Aside from this position, please hire someone who checks for grammar and spelling on all articles before they are published. And please, redesign the site - it's disgustingly cluttered the way it sits currently.

El_Capitan

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
1. There really is a lot of clutter.
2. A preview of upcoming articles would be nice. Maybe even a vote on a list of 5 most wanted articles.
3. There's a lot of similar reviews and articles from other sites out there. Referencing those with Tom's Hardware results, if possible, would probably put Tom's Hardware above the rest.
4. Knowing the demographics of Tom's Hardware readers and what they're looking for would probably help in determining what articles to write, and what news would interest readers.
5. Statistics, statistics, statistics. Price variations for products on a weekly, monthly, and yearly tracking cycle from different distributors? Prices for a specific product went up during a certain time, or related products, or all products.

I'm just commenting suggestions. Not really looking for the job. I'd be horrible at it. I can't speel.

lashabane

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
I wonder how much Best of Media is going to have to pay the community manager to deal with some of these trolls around here. It's one thing to voice an opinion and another matter entirely when direct insults are being used.

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
"Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the Goddamn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people? "

El_Capitan

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]lashabane[/nom]I wonder how much Best of Media is going to have to pay the community manager to deal with some of these trolls around here. It's one thing to voice an opinion and another matter entirely when direct insults are being used.[/citation]
What's wrong with hiring a Mac guy? Are you implying something? There's absolutely no articles concerning Apple products. For a pretty big share in the handheld market and even the computer industry, not even one article.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]El_Capitan[/nom]What's wrong with hiring a Mac guy? Are you implying something? There's absolutely no articles concerning Apple products. For a pretty big share in the handheld market and even the computer industry, not even one article.[/citation]

have you been on holiday? there have been lots of apple news articles lately, and the community's been pretty much in open revolt over it, they even did a piece bitching about how we bitch about apple.

as for normal articles, what is there to know about apple hardware?
how the iTouch stacks up as a mobile gaming platform is a bit interesting, and they already did an article on that.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Hire an English teacher to edit the articles.

Also, give her 2 negative votes per comment for bringing the grammar hammer on us when she finishes with you guys. Also again, add a giant picture of a teacher slamming posts with said hammer instead of hiding it.

I'm not applying but congrats on finding the funding for another position. Those full page in your face ads must have really paid off.

lashabane

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
[citation][nom]El_Capitan[/nom]What's wrong with hiring a Mac guy? Are you implying something? There's absolutely no articles concerning Apple products. For a pretty big share in the handheld market and even the computer industry, not even one article.[/citation]

No idea why you decided to quote me. My posting has nothing to do with Macs.

Status
Not open for further replies.