steelindian66

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
Hello, I have an issue with an msi laptop friend asked me to look at because he doesn't know much about computers. Well I am uncertain what the problem is and am not finding much help on wonderful google. Well i boot his laptop it takes a while to boot then error prompt shows The instructions at 0x00007FF820E4CE3 refrenced memory at 0x0000000010B5766D. The memory could not be read. Click on ok to terminate the program. my first thought process was to boot bios and attempt a factory restore but there is a bios password on it so i cannot access bios menu and I do not remember there being a master password for msi. Other wise my gut instinct says the issue is hard ware but i wanted to try and get further advice on other things i could try thanks in advance.

USAFRet

Titan
There is not a published "master password" for the BIOS.
That would be the same as no password, because everyone would have it.

Yes, this sounds like a hardware issue.
And yes, you'll need to know the BIOS password to get in there and fix things.
Ask your friend for the password.

steelindian66

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
Ya the issue is a student under him gave it to him saying he didnt want it and it didnt work from the get go but the student has long left so would i be able to boot a window 10 factory restore via usb without accessing the computer the laptop doesnt have a disc drive

USAFRet

Titan
Ya the issue is a student under him gave it to him saying he didnt want it and it didnt work from the get go but the student has long left so would i be able to boot a window 10 factory restore via usb without accessing the computer the laptop doesnt have a disc drive
Forum rules preclude any assistance with passwords.
You'll have to contact the manufacturer on this.