[SOLVED] What can i upgrade on my Pc to make it run better with higher FPS and possibly other future game ?

Apr 21, 2020
I have a pc build with the specs below
-Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
-16 GB DDR4 Ram
-Windows 10
- 82F1 Hp mother board
I can already play most preferred games at their highest settings but there is some games out there I want to play that might need more power.
For example i can play vr but it plays the games at medium settings and lags when i change the settings to high.
I want to be able to play more higher intense games with High settings without myself messing up my pc and buying parts that wont work with each other.

Solution
well, that cpu is pretty good for gaming.
so a gpu upgrade is probably the best bet.

if you plan on streaming or productivity work though you might want to get a better cpu though. (requires mobo swap too)
but you didnt say anything about that so i would expect you only game.

so.. get the best gpu your budget would allow. it wont be bottlenecked. (for gaming. like i mentioned, for other stuff, a cpu upgrade might help more)
well, that cpu is pretty good for gaming.
so a gpu upgrade is probably the best bet.

if you plan on streaming or productivity work though you might want to get a better cpu though. (requires mobo swap too)
but you didnt say anything about that so i would expect you only game.

so.. get the best gpu your budget would allow. it wont be bottlenecked. (for gaming. like i mentioned, for other stuff, a cpu upgrade might help more)

Reactions: Magi_Ghoul
Solution
Apr 21, 2020
What monitor are you using, specifically resolution and refresh rate and also what games to you play the most.
My monitor isn't the best, its only 60hz at a resolution of 1080p, and i play games such as gtaV, Overwatch, Destiny 2, Red dead redemption 2, call of duty, Mostly fps games and i also use vr

larsv8

Distinguished
I'll leave that question to the other experts on here. Your motherboard is an OEM mobo, which isn't great but it does have PCI 16 slot. If it can handle a 1070, not sure why it wouldn't be able to handle a 5700xt.

Your power supply could be problematic. Is it an OEM PS?

Reactions: Magi_Ghoul