Question What card is the same size as Asus-GeForce-RTX-2080S-8GB-ROG-Strix

Fade_SD

Reputable
Jun 1, 2020
Hello people i just have a quick question

So i'm looking for a new GPU to replace my 2080 super since it for some odd reasons runs extremely hot in graphic demanding games after i upgraded my motherboard and CPU

it ofc i cleaned etc when i upgraded the PC and the airflow in the case are fine 3 120mm fans in the front and 2 fans 120mm i think or 140mm at the back
But either way i'd like to make a upgrade but i don't have a lot of head room due to the CPU cooler being huge so i need to find a card that's as good as 2080 super or ofc better but the same size as the 2080 super

And the GPU i have is ofc the Asus-GeForce-RTX-2080S-8GB-ROG-Strix

Thanks for reading this mess have a great day

Hey there,

So, you're going about this slightly the wrong way.

Firstly though, please list your full PC specs.

Your card is 11.8 x 5.1 x 2.1 inches in dimensions. What you really need to know is what GPU length your case can take, and then work from there. Matching up dimensions for new GPU's with your current one would take a long time.

What budget do you have for the new card? Where do you buy from?

Have you tried repasting the thermal paste on the GPU? You may not need a new card if there is an issue that can be fixed.

Fade_SD

Reputable
Jun 1, 2020
Please give full system specs, also include what CPU cooler and Case you have.

You can also upload an image to https://imgur.com/ and post a photo of the computer to help out.
i got
GIGABYTE B650 GAMING X AX V2
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
The 2080 Super
Kingston FURY Beast DDR5-6000 32GB
WD Black SN850X SSD - 1TB
Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler
And a new case Corsair 3000D AIRFLOW
And some more harddrives i don't remember the names off

as you guys can see i don't have whole lot of space above the GPU like one of the metal fan holders on the CPU cooler is almost touching the GPU

PC picture

Last edited:

Fade_SD

Reputable
Jun 1, 2020
Hey there,

So, you're going about this slightly the wrong way.

Firstly though, please list your full PC specs.

Your card is 11.8 x 5.1 x 2.1 inches in dimensions. What you really need to know is what GPU length your case can take, and then work from there. Matching up dimensions for new GPU's with your current one would take a long time.

What budget do you have for the new card? Where do you buy from?

Have you tried repasting the thermal paste on the GPU? You may not need a new card if there is an issue that can be fixed.
Specs are in the other comment i just did and budget about 750 USD / 670 Euros

And i have not tried to repaste the GPU since i have no idea how it's done and i don't trust myself to watch a guide on youtube. And most like Computer stores are far away and i don't own a car and don't know anyone with a car either.

And where i buy from is gonna danish companies (cuz i live in Denmark) such proshop etc where they only really carry the newer GPU's

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, a different GPU won't change how close the CPU cooler is to the backplate significantly, you have plenty of room in that chassis.

Current GPU is 300mm, Chassis supports up to 360mm which basically means all cards available on the market will fit.

If you like Nvidia, 4070 Super is about the right price. AMD 7900 GRE or possibly the 7900 XT if you can stretch things a little.

Fade_SD

Reputable
Jun 1, 2020
Well, a different GPU won't change how close the CPU cooler is to the backplate significantly, you have plenty of room in that chassis.

Current GPU is 300mm, Chassis supports up to 360mm which basically means all cards available on the market will fit.

If you like Nvidia, 4070 Super is about the right price. AMD 7900 GRE or possibly the 7900 XT if you can stretch things a little.
Oh so i don't need to worry about the card itself not fitting due to the CPU cooler?

Fade_SD

Reputable
Jun 1, 2020
No card should have anything that could block the 1st PCIe slot. Not that you can use it anyway with that cooler. Thicker cards will just be lower in the chassis, not higher (As it sits)
Okay thank you guys was worried that i was unable to upgrade my GPU due to the cooler