[SOLVED] What case/power sup should I get?

daxmashburn

Honorable
Jun 12, 2018
I have a z370 A Pro mobo, i7 8700k, and a GTX 1660Ti.

I've wanted to get started with water cooling since my system is so temperature demanding. I bought a corsair h110i 280mm cooler.
I was informed that my current mid tower case is not big enough to fit my cooler in.
I first looked at the corsair 1000D, but it was way out of my price range. I have been looking at the fractal design define s2. Would this case be a good option, or is there a better one for me?

Another question, what power supply should I get to accompany all of this hardware? I currently have a 500w, but it's not enough apparently.

(If you cannot tell, I'm fairly uneducated in computer building..)

Solution
The S2 looks pretty good to me, and it can fit your water cooler in it. As long as it can do that, most of it is your personal aesthetic choice. As for the PSU, I would advise an 800 watt (or something around there, lower wattage would probably be fine too) PSU from some reliable brand such as EVGA, ThermalTake, Corsair, CoolerMaster... et cetera. Don't do Apeiva or any OEMs.

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
The S2 looks pretty good to me, and it can fit your water cooler in it. As long as it can do that, most of it is your personal aesthetic choice. As for the PSU, I would advise an 800 watt (or something around there, lower wattage would probably be fine too) PSU from some reliable brand such as EVGA, ThermalTake, Corsair, CoolerMaster... et cetera. Don't do Apeiva or any OEMs.

Solution

daxmashburn

Honorable
Jun 12, 2018
Thanks for the help my friend!