[SOLVED] What case should I use for this build?

Aug 20, 2020
I'm very novice to building pc's (this is my first) and I'm pretty stumped on what case I should get for this specific build --> https://pcpartpicker.com/list/K4dfNq <--

this build is not final at all, if anyone has some advice on better parts that I should choose, it would be greatly appreciated!

My budget is <$900 (for the whole pc)

(If it makes any difference, I want this computer to be able to run Valorant at medium/high settings at ≥144 fps)

--> https://pcpartpicker.com/list/K4dfNq <--

Solution
Wrong drive. That is a SATA version, not PCIe NVME. So it is no faster than a 2.5" SSD. This is a better drive anyhow. That cooler, is almost certainly not going to give you better performance than the stock cooler either. Yes, it's a high quality cooler, but it is intended more for space restricted configurations like SFF and mini ITX builds. This cooler is MUCH better and I've used this on a number of Ryzen 3600 and 3600x systems with very good success.

Overall, you have a LOT of novice errors in that build. All of which are corrected here.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($174.99 @ Walmart)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 Direct 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler...
Wrong drive. That is a SATA version, not PCIe NVME. So it is no faster than a 2.5" SSD. This is a better drive anyhow. That cooler, is almost certainly not going to give you better performance than the stock cooler either. Yes, it's a high quality cooler, but it is intended more for space restricted configurations like SFF and mini ITX builds. This cooler is MUCH better and I've used this on a number of Ryzen 3600 and 3600x systems with very good success.

Overall, you have a LOT of novice errors in that build. All of which are corrected here.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($174.99 @ Walmart)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 Direct 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler ($42.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($75.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Mushkin Enhanced Helix-L 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($56.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($239.99 @ Walmart)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case ($98.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($94.99 @ B&H)
Total: $909.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-20 15:25 EDT-0400

Solution
Additionally, you could drop that price by about ten bucks if you ordered the regular Tomahawk, not the Max, and then just flashed the BIOS yourself IF it was necessary, which it would probably not be since basically all of these motherboards have been out of stock and will be replenished with editions that almost certainly will come with updated BIOS versions already. But if they don't, it is a simple matter to download the latest BIOS, unpack it to a flash drive, insert it and push the BIOS flashback button.

That would drop the price below 900 bucks, assuming of course that you have a Windows license that is attached to you via a Microsoft account that you can use with this build. If you don't, and if you are currently running Windows 10 on your current machine if you have one, then I'd make sure it is attached to you via MS account now, or upgrade if you are running an older version of Windows and THEN attach that to you via MS account.