Question What cooler (and kind) should i get?

Jan 29, 2022
I have been having overheating issues with my rig recently, i belive my Aio is dying in less than a year of purchase. i even have my freequency brought down to 2500mhz and it still overheats. My processor is a i7 11700f and my AIO is a MSI MAG Series CORELIQUID 240R, aRGB CPU Liquid Cooler (AIO): Rotatable Blockhead Design, 240mm Radiator, Dual 120mm aRGB PWM Fans . Should i get a beefy air fan or should i look for a better AIO? although this left a bad taste in my mouth for water cooling. PLEASE HELP!!

Lutfij

Titan
uh oh, another closed-off-front-fascia-case-that-prevents-fans-from-breathing case :/ Take the front panel off the case and see if your temps improve. Also, what are your ambient room air temps?

You included two links to your ram, are you working with two sets of ram on your motherboard?

Jan 29, 2022
uh oh, another closed-off-front-fascia-case-that-prevents-fans-from-breathing case :/ Take the front panel off the case and see if your temps improve. Also, what are your ambient room air temps?

You included two links to your ram, are you working with two sets of ram on your motherboard?
Yes two sets of 8 (32 total) same speed dual channel

Jan 29, 2022

Just took front panel off, doesn’t seem to be helping. Ambient temp should be pretty good considering I have my ac on but I’m not sure the number tbh

Jan 29, 2022
Thank you both! Should the 15s be a good cooler for my i7 11700f? I’m currently hitting temps of 45-50c idle w my msi AIO. ( I also have put the max frequency of the processor to 2,500mhz to lower temps.

The 15s is about as good as you can get for air cooling with the clearances you require.

I'd be much more concerned about load temps than idle.

Would load temps of 75 bother you?

Reactions: Aidany02
Jan 29, 2022
The 15s is about as good as you can get for air cooling with the clearances you require.

I'd be much more concerned about load temps than idle.

Would load temps of 75 bother you?
I’ve noticed my load temps while playing a game like call of duty Cold War or call of duty modern warfare 2019. Start at around high 60s to low 70s but after around 5-10 mins of gameplay it can ramp up to 80s sometimes even 90s. I know the 11th gen i7s run hot so I’m not expecting like super low but I want somewhere around 70-80c consistent.

Not really any way to know what you might get with the D15s without trying it. There's no guarantee.

It is entirely possible that you have other issues that might keep your temps high.....room temperature; case airflow; case fan setup; poor cooler mounting; unknown processes loading the CPU unnecessarily, etc.

Run HWmonitor.
After a gaming session look at the max cpu temperatures.
The coolant in the aio will take time to heat up and stabilize.
You might see a couple of cores in red recording 100c.
That would indicating throttling.
That is the processor protecting itself.
But if you kept running, that is not all bad if you get an occasional throttle.
look at the clock rates while gaming. They should not be dropping to a low level.

In time, any aio will fail.
The pump, a mechanical device will eventually fail.
It might accumulate debris.
Air will intrude and make the cooler less effective.

I would expect that with a NH-D15s you will be able to run full out.
If you need better cooling than the NH-D15s, you are looking at a 360 or 480 aio cooler.
That may require a new case.
Test with the cpu-Z stress test. I think it represents an instruction mix that is more representative of a gaming workload.

High temperatures will come when all threads are fully busy as in a batch multitasking app.
Not so much in gaming where one or two cores will boost to a very high clock rate.