What cpu should I get that's compatible with a Radeon HD 6850 Sapphire?

garrettm11

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
I'm wondering what cpu I should get to go with my Radeon HD 6850 shappire, my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-H. The cpu I have now is A6-5400k and it doesn't seem to be cutting it. I'm fairly new at this and any input would be helpful. Thanks.

Solution
You currently have an APU, which is known for having decent integrated graphics, these APUs have their own FM sockets for the motherboard(in your case, FM2). Which means the motherboard you have only holds APUs for the most part. If you wanted higher performance CPUs from AMD such as the fx 4300 or fx 6300(which I would recomend with your graphics card), you would have to also get a new motherboard that has an AM3+ socket.

harrilynch

Honorable
Aug 20, 2014
You currently have an APU, which is known for having decent integrated graphics, these APUs have their own FM sockets for the motherboard(in your case, FM2). Which means the motherboard you have only holds APUs for the most part. If you wanted higher performance CPUs from AMD such as the fx 4300 or fx 6300(which I would recomend with your graphics card), you would have to also get a new motherboard that has an AM3+ socket.

Solution