what do you do in your free time?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

siber36

Reputable
Sep 10, 2015
i'm play MOBA video games, watch anime, think about life, write poetry, sleep, soak in a warm bath/shower, eat food, and check Tom's Hardware.

what about you? I'd love to hear your response
build computers from windows 8 and up and for the ppl windows 10 no longer supports amd after that is bs i have a computer stock at 8.1 and cant get windows 10

Mar 23, 2019
Depends. For American football, I mainly concern myself with following Ohio State football. For "real" football, I don't get to follow it a whole lot, but I root for the Columbus Crew to win, & I'm still a big F.C. Barcelona fan...

No F.C. Barcelona, only Real Madrid and Modric especially!

spdragoo

Expert
Ambassador
LOL, that's alright. I became a fan of La Barça back in their "Dream Team" years (i.e. Ion Andoni Goikoetxea, Josep "Pep" Guardiola Sala, etc.). Unfortunately, I haven't watched a game in ages, but I have seen on rare occasions someone wearing the jersey around town.

D

Deleted member 14196

I rip my DVDs and Blu-ray’s, package them to MP4 and put them in the cloud

Health problems in the family and 3 daughters at home keep me busy. when I'm not driving family members to the doctor, or wherever else they need to be, I'm working on the house, yard, cars, and working on the computer--usually electronics design and manufacturing...some coding on various platforms. When I'm on the computer, I'll split my attention between work and TH, or other boards that hold my interest. Same goes for those times that I'm juggling a soldering iron and meter for building or repairs.

Free time? LOL I remember having some of that, once...long ago.

I guess you could call sleeping free time.

The upside is that I'm never bored. ;)

nicholas70

Reputable
May 15, 2016
I sleep a lot during my free time because I do shift work. I also try to get a couple hours of exercise in each week, and play pc games a couple hours on my days off.

Apr 28, 2019
I'm drinking hot coffe when ı watching the outside from window, reading books about philosophy or physics and listening music also sometimes Tom's HW. ;)

USAFRet

Titan
Building stuff like this:
kl4Lx5c.jpg

In addition to photography, cooking/grilling, rebuilding a house, getting back into mountain biking, software dev, keeping my 22 yr old truck running, yelling at clouds...

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

popatim

Titan
I usually watch a movie or play a pc game in the hours after i get home from work. lately its been an old school game: Legends of Kesmai. Sometimes I watch a movie while playing but sometimes end up dead because the movie had my attention a wee bit too long. LoL

Wow, not much movement on this thread since I last posted over a year ago.

I have since gotten a new job that pays the same but has no call and only requires me to work 40 hours per week with no call. I am much happier as a result as I was previously working 60-75 hours/week with 24/7/365 call.

I still mess around with computers but with the pace of innovation decreasing significantly, the only major improvements are my finally replacing the old Dell D531 K8 Turion X2 laptop I had been using that failed to turn on one day with a Carrizo based HP ProBook and upgrade my quad Opteron machine from 56 GB of mismatched RAM running at 1066 MHz to 256 GB of DDR3-1866.

I continue to go outside and my estimated running mileage is about 1500 miles/year and I walk just about as much as that in addition. Yay for new job working "only" full time.

I have been able to go to the range more and have shot about 3000 rounds since last post. (y) I can only shoot rifles and handguns at this range, not shotguns, otherwise it would be more like 6000-7000 rounds. Still, it's fun!

I have built several new pieces of furniture. (y)as well!

D

Deleted member 14196

cook, clean and help out here if i can... lol, listen to music, watch tv and movies, and play some games, namely Forza Horizon 2 (because MS keeps giving me my favorite genre, so I have to beat them and get all the cars with the best AWD configurations or tunes. AWD or bust is my philosophy and I can't live without in real life too)

we have a saying in my house: "All Wheel Drive is All We'll Drive"

as for shooting, I would if I could afford to. Back in the day I had some automatics and burned through many cases of military surplus ammo. Man, that got expensive, but it was super fun. Later I sold all my stuff, but now I wish I had not

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.