What do you think about this server config

Aug 23, 2018
Hi, im trying to mount a server to run over it gitlab and odoo (erp). Ive been looking for an unexpensive config and this is what i got https://es.pcpartpicker.com/list/Nf688Y
Component Selection Price
CPU

Intel - Core i3-8100 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor
€106.99 Buy
Motherboard

MSI - B360M PRO-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
€66.81 Buy
Memory

Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
€77.00 Buy
Case

Cooler Master - N200 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
€40.67 Buy
Power Supply

SeaSonic - 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
€82.55 Buy
Total: €374.02

, what do you think about it?

Thanks for your attention

Solution
Is this connected to NAS or GB switch? if not I'd break down my priority and dependencies to
    intended...
    ■ connected clients, serving application or mere redundant files, and intensity of access.
    ■ file size, this related to storage capacity and interconnection speed within the server.
    ■ parts replacement, you'll have to figure out UPS vendor availability base on your current region, I suggest you narrow down list on the number of retailers available.

■ optane memory module + 12TB HDD, optane module act as fast cache for spindle HDD it'll perform as fast as SSD, later you can setup RAID 5 configuration should your server demand increasing. You'll need coffe-lake platform to start.
    ■ oodo and gitlab perform better on core...

dederedmi5plus

Prominent
Aug 17, 2018
Is this connected to NAS or GB switch? if not I'd break down my priority and dependencies to
    intended...
    ■ connected clients, serving application or mere redundant files, and intensity of access.
    ■ file size, this related to storage capacity and interconnection speed within the server.
    ■ parts replacement, you'll have to figure out UPS vendor availability base on your current region, I suggest you narrow down list on the number of retailers available.

■ optane memory module + 12TB HDD, optane module act as fast cache for spindle HDD it'll perform as fast as SSD, later you can setup RAID 5 configuration should your server demand increasing. You'll need coffe-lake platform to start.
    ■ oodo and gitlab perform better on core count CPU, since I promote coffe-lake then I recommend i7 8700 (12 thread).
    ■ H310 motherboard + two 16GB DDR4 (make sure buy identical pair)
    ■ there are cheaper case, doesn't have to be itx + seasonic is known for its quality products, doesn't have to be full modular, the non modular is cheaper.

Solution