[SOLVED] what driver can i install in windows 10 with an i5-2400 processor

Sep 5, 2019
its gotta support opengl.

i know i need a driver but i mean what is the cheapest graphics card i can install a driver that supports opengl on

i use windows 10 and have an i5-2400 processor, i couldnt find anything that worked for both those things

COLGeek

Cybernaut
its gotta support opengl.

i know i need a driver but i mean what is the cheapest graphics card i can install a driver that supports opengl on

i use windows 10 and have an i5-2400 processor, i couldnt find anything that worked for both those things
Please don't start multiple threads, in multiple sections, to ask the same basic question.

As colif asked, what are the specs for your system (make/model of all components)? What exactly are you trying to accomplish (I assume you want to install a discrete GPU for better gaming performance)? What is your upgrade budget?

D

Deleted member 14196

are you talking about graphics cards? that was something i tried to post on a different category but the posts got merged.
No he’s talking about the computer case itself the thing that holds all the components.

Before he can recommend any graphics card we need to know if it will fit in your case

Sep 5, 2019
No he’s talking about the computer case itself the thing that holds all the components.

Before he can recommend any graphics card we need to know if it will fit in your case
i know he was talking about the case i meant to ask if he was talking about it because of graphics cards. im trying to figure out what drivers i can get without getting a new graphics card so i dont waste money

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What do you mean specifically? Driver for the 2400's integrated graphics?

Win10 doesn't fully support your cpu's HD2000 igpu graphics but it should install generic including OpenGL/directx components to have functionality.

You could try installing Win8.1 driver, apparently it works. https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/intel-hd-2000-driver-for-windows-10-solved.2516403/

Driver for HD 2000
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81502/Intel-HD-Graphics-2000

---

What is your main goal here? Play an opengl game? If so, which game or app? Fyi, igpu's, especially that old, are pretty useless and slow. Unless the game is like from last decade then maybe.

If you could offer information asked about your system, then maybe you might receive some helpful advice to maximize your efforts here.