[SOLVED] What fans should I use?

Jul 21, 2019
Hi
If I use the case SilverStone RL06 PRO, which comes with three red LED fans installed in the front, and I wanted to install a 240mm radiator on the front along with one of the included fans, can I mount the other two included fans on the radiator or should I buy two static pressure 120mm fans like the Cooler Master JetFlo 120? Any fan is fine for me as long as it has good thermal performance and red lighting. Possibly quiet but I don't care that much about that since I prefer airflow over silence.
Thanks.

Solution
Well, with the right configuration, it probably WON'T be a jet engine.

Which NZXT cooler are you looking at getting, or have?

Are all the case fans the stock ones that came with the case?

What is the model of your current CPU cooler and what are the rest of your hardware specs including CPU, motherboard, memory kit, power supply, etc.?

Have you ever bothered to go into the BIOS and assign a preset or manual fan curve to the fans?

Are any of your current fans 3 pin ones connected to a sys_fan on the motherboard rather than being connected to a cha_fan header? Are any fans connected straight to the power supply via a 4 pin Molex connector?
I wouldn't buy ANY Cooler master fan. Ever. Unless I was in a real pinch and it was the only brand available to me locally.

Are you looking for performance and low noise levels, or are you looking for pretty lights and RGB? Because you can't have both. There are really no exceptional fans out there with RGB OR LEDs.

You can however get a somewhat happy medium with ok fans that have lighting.

I personally much prefer high performance and low noise levels.

Are you installing a custom loop 240mm radiator or an AIO closed loop unit?

Jul 21, 2019
It's an AIO by NZXT. For the fans I don't pretend super high-end fans, I only need medium-end/decent fans with just basic red LEDs. As I said I don't care much about noise because the PC that I have right now is a dang jet engine, so I'm kinda used to it.

Well, with the right configuration, it probably WON'T be a jet engine.

Which NZXT cooler are you looking at getting, or have?

Are all the case fans the stock ones that came with the case?

What is the model of your current CPU cooler and what are the rest of your hardware specs including CPU, motherboard, memory kit, power supply, etc.?

Have you ever bothered to go into the BIOS and assign a preset or manual fan curve to the fans?

Are any of your current fans 3 pin ones connected to a sys_fan on the motherboard rather than being connected to a cha_fan header? Are any fans connected straight to the power supply via a 4 pin Molex connector?

Solution