Question What FPS should I be getting with this set up?

Chadsuya

Prominent
Apr 6, 2019
Ok, so for the memory can you go into the BIOS and make sure it's running at 3200mhz? By default it usually runs at 2133 before XMP is enabled in the BIOS.
I’m not very experienced with BIOS, do you know of a good video/tutorial that would guide me through it?

WildCard999

Titan
No guides for that exact board but I may be able to walk you through it from what I remember from a recent build with a ASRock B450M A/C. I'm actually going to go through the process to fix the memory as I'm pretty sure it's running at the wrong speeds.

-Shut down the computer.
-Unplug the power cable from the PSU or wall, whatever is easier.
-Open the case.
-The memory needs to be in the A2/B2 slots which is slots 2 & 4. Make sure there installed correctly.
-Close the case.
-Plug the power back in.
-Turn on the system.
-Hit F2 repeatedly until you get into the BIOS.
-Now somewhere on the screen it should say the memory/RAM speed. It's probably at 2133 so that needs to be fixed. There should be a performance tab somewhere there so click on that. Then there should be a memory option to choice a XMP profile, pick one.
-Save & exit.

As long as everything boots correctly (it should) try your games again. Going from 2133 to 3200 should have a massive impact on gaming performance so either you'll get better FPS or little to no FPS dips.

Let me know how it turns out.

Chadsuya

Prominent
Apr 6, 2019
It could help as well but getting the memory to the correct speed is going to have the biggest impact. I'm interested in seeing the results from it.
Just went into BIOS and set the correct memory speed, went into CSGO and now I’m getting 140-150 frames thank you for the help

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS