Question What is a decent CPU to pair with R9 270x

EzTec

Distinguished
Well guys I've decided I'm going with the Asus R9 270x, can you guys tell me what CPU to pair it with? I'm truly at a loss of what would even be a decent option haha

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 specs (gpuzoo.com)
ASUS Radeon R9 270X DirectCU II TOP specs (gpuzoo.com)

These are the two comparables and I chose the Asus as it seems to have more features... also in Colombia so these were my best options for around 100 bucks :) looking for maybe a CPU on Amazon or something I could look up

~~~ I have not chosen a motherboard yet either, just building it around the GPU

Last edited:

EzTec

Distinguished
many thanks mate, looking around to see what I find, I just don't know the differences if any between the i5 or i7 and the #'s that follow these.... back many years ago I had a i5-4690k but what those numbers mean I have no idea, I remember the k stands for being able to overclock but yeah haha

D

Deleted member 362816

many thanks mate, looking around to see what I find, I just don't know the differences if any between the i5 or i7 and the #'s that follow these.... back many years ago I had a i5-4690k but what those numbers mean I have no idea, I remember the k stands for being able to overclock but yeah haha

Pretty much with how old that card is you would be ok to pair with any solid 4core cpu that was made in the last 5 years