Reputable
May 7, 2019
Recently my PC has stop working my setup is a cpu ryzen: 7 2700
Gpu: gtx 1070ti
Mobo : asus rog strix x470-f
Power supply: evga 500w white w1
Ram: 16 gb
CPU cooler: noctua nh-u12s
Usually when things like this happen when I can’t find the problem I replace everything so I wanted to ask what would be a good motherboard for 7 2700x p.s my budget is around $200

Last edited:
Solution
Do you know that it's the motherboard?

But if you ask which ryzen motherboard is good, there are lots.
Just look at some which are good for your budget, then maybe ask which is good.

Tho tbh motherboard doesn't matter much these days.
No I don’t know if it’s the motherboard I think it is and the mobo I have been looking at is a asus tuf gaming x570-plus it’s the one I have found with the best review that within my budget

Rallient

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
I never had the best luck with the x-series motherboards, but everyone has their own issues/preferences with different motherboards, but honestly, if you're looking into upgrading your CPU in the future I would definitely check out the B550 motherboards so you don't need to worry about the possibility of having to update your bios to make use of your new CPU. Of course, every motherboard generally has a different bios and I've always found that MSI's bios was the easiest to navigate around, though ASRock, Asus and Gigabyte are other good brands :)

MasterAverage

Reputable
May 7, 2019
Do you know that it's the motherboard?

But if you ask which ryzen motherboard is good, there are lots.
Just look at some which are good for your budget, then maybe ask which is good.

Tho tbh motherboard doesn't matter much these days.
No I don’t know if it’s the motherboard I think it is and the mobo I have been looking at is a asus tuf gaming x570-plus it’s the one I have found with the best review that within my budget

Solution

MasterAverage

Reputable
May 7, 2019
I never had the best luck with the x-series motherboards, but everyone has their own issues/preferences with different motherboards, but honestly, if you're looking into upgrading your CPU in the future I would definitely check out the B550 motherboards so you don't need to worry about the possibility of having to update your bios to make use of your new CPU. Of course, every motherboard generally has a different bios and I've always found that MSI's bios was the easiest to navigate around, though ASRock, Asus and Gigabyte are other good brands :)
Do you have any recommendation on b550 mobos for $200

Rallient

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
Do you have any recommendation on b550 mobos for $200
Here's one I found that's around your budget that you may like: https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-ROG-B55...ywords=b550+motherboard&qid=1608946934&sr=8-2

x570 motherboards aren't a bad option either by the way, I'm not trying to steer you away from getting one. The only reason I had an issue with mine is that I received one that was "dead on arrival" so I haven't gotten an x570 since. Just continue to look at all the reviews and select the one you think will suit you best. Hope this helps :)

MasterAverage

Reputable
May 7, 2019
Here's one I found that's around your budget that you may like: https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-ROG-B55...ywords=b550+motherboard&qid=1608946934&sr=8-2

x570 motherboards aren't a bad option either by the way, I'm not trying to steer you away from getting one. The only reason I had an issue with mine is that I received one that was "dead on arrival" so I haven't gotten an x570 since. Just continue to look at all the reviews and select the one you think will suit you best. Hope this helps :)
I think I well go with this motherboard thanks for the recommendation

I also suggest B550 instead of X570. X570 has an active cooling fan which is usually quite noisy.
also, B550 has most of the features of X570.

some higher end B550 even have 2.5gig networking.

As for if you know or don't know if it's the motherboard, you should probably check before getting a new motherboard....