Question What is going on with my PC? (Random freezes and crashes)

JayTee3

Reputable
May 9, 2017
3 BSODS and a crash while I was away in just 2 days.....

Here's 3 minidumps, if I need to provide any more info let me know!

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
(2 are from the same day so if u see the file name similar don't think u downloaded the same twice)

Also how do I look at what caused the problem? I had a helper before... but he.... died? He was on here and super duper helpful and was great but hasn't been active since his last reply on me early January.

Would help if you listed full system specs, and if issues started after some change, something installed, uninstalled, Windows update, etc.. Do the crashes happen when a specific program is ran, only when system starts, after an hour of running, etc...? What did you try already? Try different RAM, one stick at a time if you have more than one?

JayTee3

Reputable
May 9, 2017
Would help if you listed full system specs, and if issues started after some change, something installed, uninstalled, Windows update, etc.. Do the crashes happen when a specific program is ran, only when system starts, after an hour of running, etc...? What did you try already? Try different RAM, one stick at a time if you have more than one?
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/deadboom/saved/sTHmqs

Issues have happened for a while.

RAM is the only thing diff in that as that one was faulty so I have my crucial + kingston ram in (both DDR4-2133 and been using for years)

Hmm, I'd say it only happens randomly but yeah normally after an hour or something of running. I did try one stick and I couldn't really test it as its random chance, I could be watching youtube, I could not even be at my pc, but mostly happens in game.

I guess the easiest thing, if you're gonna say its the RAM, is if the new RAM does the same. I spose that would be the easiest way to check.

You are using a lower end power supply for a higher end CPU and gaming video card, that should be changed. You have a K model CPU, are you overclocking things? If yes, need to set things back to stock. Run a benchmark along with a monitoring program like hwinfo and check temps to make sure they are good.

Did you try a clean Windows setup already?

JayTee3

Reputable
May 9, 2017
You are using a lower end power supply for a higher end CPU and gaming video card, that should be changed. You have a K model CPU, are you overclocking things? If yes, need to set things back to stock. Run a benchmark along with a monitoring program like hwinfo and check temps to make sure they are good.

Did you try a clean Windows setup already?

Why is 600W lower end?

Not overclocking. Everything stock.

Done that already, temps are fine.