What is "PAR"?

Hi all,

What is PAR?

I know what RAR and yEnc is and how to use them. Is this another
compression format?

Links to sites with info and were I can download the software needed will be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Conan Kelly

Conan Kelly wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> What is PAR?
>
> I know what RAR and yEnc is and how to use them. Is this another
> compression format?
>
> Links to sites with info and were I can download the software needed will be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Conan Kelly

PAR (Parchive: Parity Archive Volume Set) is not a compression format,
but an /awesome/ tool for making sure that transfered files arrive
intact and uncorrupted. It can not only check for errors, but even
/correct/ some. (Missing sub-files and the like)

Here's a link describing PAR:
http://tinyurl.com/559tf

Here's a link for my favourite PAR app (QuickPAR):
http://tinyurl.com/yt3mk

Here's a link describing how to use it to check out files with Grabit:
http://tinyurl.com/6544c

Here's a link describing how to use it to create PAR2 files:
http://tinyurl.com/5s34n

Have fun!

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad

Conan Kelly wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> What is PAR?
>
> I know what RAR and yEnc is and how to use them. Is this another
> compression format?

When a file is broken into several RAR files , you can use PAR files to
recreate missing RAR files.

SmartPAR and QuickPAR may be of use to you

--
Alex

Hermes: "We can't afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!"
Zoidberg: "They took away my credit cards!"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk
www.sffh.co.uk
www.ebayfaq.co.uk