[SOLVED] What is that in RED?

zeeshan.nayani

Honorable
Jun 19, 2018
hello every one,

1. i was wondering for quite a while now in ASUS motherboard bios since its in red and its kinda bothering me now, what is it? am i running my PC at high CPU temperature?
2g9lffk.jpg

2. also i have just encountered with another problem today i dont know is it related to the one above, my PC turns on and then off immediately i try for 3 to 4 attempts then it starts ruining fine but when i shuts it down and start it after a while the same thing happens again, i am running 1 SSD and 2 desktop hard disks and a GPU as well, everything was working quite well until today my PC just start doing all this nonsense... can some please help me out?

here are the SPECS of my PC:
CPU i5 3470 3.20Ghz
motherboard Asus P8B75-M
8gbs memory
750 Ti GPU
Cooler Master 400 watts PSU

Solution
hello every one,

1. i was wondering for quite a while now in ASUS motherboard bios since its in red and its kinda bothering me now, what is it? am i running my PC at high CPU temperature?
Temp sensors can be either on the motherboard and close to the CPU or inside the CPU. I can imagine that reading is supposed to be a sensor on the motherboard that's either missing or broken; it could be broken in the BIOS or in the Super IO chip that reports these things.

HWInfo or HWMonitor would be the thing to get. HWInfo would have a section for both CPU sensors and Super IO sensors, you can compare readings here.

Have you checked the Asus support site for updates? It might have been fixed in a newer BIOS.
hello every one,

Temp sensors can be either on the motherboard and close to the CPU or inside the CPU. I can imagine that reading is supposed to be a sensor on the motherboard that's either missing or broken; it could be broken in the BIOS or in the Super IO chip that reports these things.

HWInfo or HWMonitor would be the thing to get. HWInfo would have a section for both CPU sensors and Super IO sensors, you can compare readings here.

Have you checked the Asus support site for updates? It might have been fixed in a newer BIOS.

Solution

zeeshan.nayani

Honorable
Jun 19, 2018

yes i did updated my bios from official ASUS web
BIOS
Version 1701 2014/09/12
P8B75-M BIOS 1701
but the problem is still there..

InvalidError

Titan
Below-ambient temperatures are impossible unless you are using chilled liquid loop, phase-change cooling or LN2/LHe cooling.

It is relatively common for CPUs' internal temperature monitoring to struggle with temperatures under +35C or so and depending on chip-to-chip process variance, some CPUs end up reporting negative temperatures. Since on-chip temperature sensors are there primarily for thermal management in the 80-105C range, they aren't designed to be particularly accurate at temperatures below +50C.

So the weird temperatures are most likely just the CPU being too cold for the temperature sensors to work correctly on your particular chip.

Reactions: zeeshan.nayani