Question What is the best software to watch Blue-Rays under $100?

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2012
I am currently using Leawo to watch my Blue-Rays but it is very limited. Blue-Rays are hard to watch in "fullscreen" on my monitor and I have to mess with the settings in Leawo to make the picture fit my screen. I was able to eliminate the bars on the left and right, but I cannot get rid of the bars on top and bottom. So I decided it was time to invest in a real Blue-Ray watching software. What are some good options under $100?

I am currently using Leawo to watch my Blue-Rays but it is very limited. Blue-Rays are hard to watch in "fullscreen" on my monitor and I have to mess with the settings in Leawo to make the picture fit my screen. I was able to eliminate the bars on the left and right, but I cannot get rid of the bars on top and bottom. So I decided it was time to invest in a real Blue-Ray watching software. What are some good options under $100?

The top/bottom bars are there because of the aspect ration difference in your screen and the video you are playing. If you get rid of those, you would be expanding the video artificially vertically which will lead to a stretched and skinny look for everything. It has nothing to do with the player but the screen and video playing. Chances are your screen is a 16:9 ratio, many movies are done in a different one. Read this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio_(image)

Reactions: 123364

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2012
The top/bottom bars are there because of the aspect ration difference in your screen and the video you are playing. If you get rid of those, you would be expanding the video artificially vertically which will lead to a stretched and skinny look for everything. It has nothing to do with the player but the screen and video playing. Chances are your screen is a 16:9 ratio, many movies are done in a different one. Read this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio_(image)

Thank you. I just get frustrated because digital hd versions play without any bars (iTunes for example), and then when I play Blu-Rays I have to deal with bottom bars (I was able to get rid of side bars). If buying a fancy software won't help me with this, then I don't see the point in the investment.