Question What is The Best VPN for Windows 10 209

Oct 12, 2019
Read a Review on VPN Surf that suggested Nord VPN or Express VPN. am new to the VPN space I don't really know much about VPNs. I will look into PIA too before making my final decision. they all seem a little pricey though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 30, 2019
I think it depends on what you want out of a VPN. I was searching for something cheap, easy to use, and with as many logins from different devices possible since I was getting it for my whole family. Everyone should be able to use it comfortably, which was a priority to me. I read a lot of reviews and articles and found a source which provided a list of easy to use VPNs: https://medium.com/@cooperleon73/best-vpns-for-new-users-user-friendly-picks-dd28b1a9a21a

Encryption+

Upstanding
Sep 26, 2019
I've actually tried PIA before and I have to say I was not particularly impressed with them.

Before selecting a VPN take a look at this site. Their have been a lot of instances over the years where it's come out that many major VPN's, are actually owned by a handful of data-mining companies with millions of dollars to spend, which is how they got so big so fast. It's also how they can give you such dirt cheap prices of only a few dollars a month.

I use Unspyable VPN which has been around for over a decade and nothing bad has ever come out about them. I've always found their service to be reliable.

Aug 16, 2019
It's really up to you, I have tried a few and they all work well, some maybe slower or offer less servers to choose from. But for me it all comes down to quality + price.
For now I have NordVPN Teams. We use it at work and it's one of the most user-friendly panels I've have seen and we can also whitelist IPs .
This is what fits my needs, bSo it's again, personal preference on what you want from a provider.

Reactions: howlgonna

Gyalden

BANNED
Oct 17, 2019
NordVPN is the best VPN for Windows 10 because,
It uses the OpenVPN and IKEv2/IPsec technologies in its applications for encryption and it provides optional feature called "CyberSec", which checks websites' DNS records in malware databases before allowing users to access them.

Encryption+

Upstanding
Sep 26, 2019
Yeah you're right about Nord not being trustworthy, as I read on an Arstechnica article this morning . Apparently they got hacked about a year and a half ago and had their encryption keys stolen. On top of it, they didn't bother to tell anybody until a couple days ago.

So whether they are stealing customers information or not is almost less important, because the hackers could have every bit of data that has gone over Nord's servers for the last year and a half. And they could have all the personal data of every current and previous Nord customer, including things like credit card numbers.

If they really had such great security, they could never have been hacked like this. Hack's of this type are strictly caused by insufficient security, either due to technical incompetence or simply not caring enough to keep thier system secure. And no matter who's fault it was, they certainly shouldn't have kept it a secret for so long.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019
My favorite is Surfbouncer VPN. They're a little more expensive than companies like Nord and Express, but they're a very old company and I've researched them and can't find anyone saying anything bad about them. Companies like Nord just always seemed to good to be true to me, and it looks like my gut feeling was right.