What is the fastest you have ever driv...

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattidallama

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
I did 150 plus in a 1999 mustang GT pushing 392 to the floor but could not tell you top speed hit the 150 mark at 4k rpms and pushed it to 6.5k and had to back down cause the car could not take more

I don't do road rage. It's just not worth getting worked up over some idiot high-school dropout with pee-stained pants driving his beater '83 Olds 88 two inches behind your bumper. It's not worth the time to stop, get out of my car, and get into a fight with the prick to beat some sense into him. It's certainly not worth getting hauled into the police station with assault charges, and if you have a real job, that actually looks bad (the prick doesn't care as he is probably living off my tax dollars anyway.) I ignore them if I am on a two-lane road and move over after passing the car in the slow lane (that's the only reason I am in the fast lane as I do know how to drive well) and let them pass if I am on a four-lane+ road.

The biggest gun I have ever shot would be my slug gun. It's a 12-gauge Remington 870 Express Magnum with a stubby 20" rifled barrel and a 3-9x40 scope. I shoot 3" magnum 385-grain slugs out of the sucker that have enough power to shoot through an engine block- the police use the same loads to do just that. :D It kicks like a sonofagun but all it takes is one shot to drop whatever you are shooting. Most deer rifles this side of a .45-70 take a couple shots to guarantee that the deer is cleanly dispatched- my dad usually puts two or three shots from his ought-six into a deer before he's satisfied it won't go far.

Fast. As a squirrel goes.

I've had a few stangs' over the past few years, a 97' GT for awhile (until I blew it up, lol) and my most recent ride is an 04' Mach 1. I did quite a bit of modding on the GT, but those old 4.6 SOHCs are a pain to do anything with without forced induction. The highest I took that was roughly 110.

My Mach 1 on the other hand is a different story. The only things I've done to it are 1. Off-road X-Pipe 2. Have the heads P&P'ed (a deal i couldn't pass up). Needless to say, it flies. I've had it up to 125'ish without the slightest hint of the motor noticing. :D

sunny27

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2007
Did 180 kmph odd ---112.5 mph in a 2008 Honda accord at 3 in morning --- in the long straights of the highways in Mumbai(India).
touch 70mph regularly on my 2009 yamaha fz-16 160cc motorbike--on the way to work.
fastest i got to riding a proper sports bike was about 60--65kmph --40mph on a 2004 kawasaki ninja -- got *** scared(bcoz of the acceleration and bcoz the bike was extremely costly) and handed the bike back to my friend.

Rock_n_Rolla

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
I doing 260 - 290 Kph (165-180 mph, not sure in mph) on a 2am to 4am weekend speed challenge on a 40 kilometer straight wide expressway on my tuned 08 Honda CBR600RR along with some other biker friends though they can go much faster than me (around 300-320 kph) on their tuned CBR1000RR, Suzuki GSX1000 and Kawasaki ZX10.

Once i went for a 315 kph shot gun joy ride on my friend's 600HP Evo 10 JUN Auto edition. I think that is fast as i can go but, if only i could afford to buy
a 08 or 09 Suzuki Hayabusa and tune it, i can easily do 330kph++ but its kinda expensive. :)

smokinu

Distinguished
May 30, 2008
Does it have to be ont he street? Or Drag Cars count? haha Anyway 142 on I-10 while driving the wifes Dale Jr. Monte. Then 110 while following the cop who pulled me over. He wanted me to follow him to catch up to the Lambo I was messing with lol.

jerryt74332

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
120mph in my 2007 toyota yaris!!!! No the floormat was not stuck.

145mph top in 1991 s10 blazer 400 SBC It was good for 12 sec @ 108 mph .

Apocolypse update.

Although he is now allowed to get behind the wheel, Ozzy admits he has illegally driven with his wife Sharon Osbourne, 57, on numerous occasions, and was once arrested.

He said: "I bought a brand new Mercedes AMG and took Sharon to Tramps club. I drank a load of alcohol and then went down a one-way street the wrong way. I got arrested. It's not everyday you go out in a brand new Mercedes and come home in a police van."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/celebrities/2951826/Ozzy-Osborne-gets-his-drivers-licence

Bruceification73

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
155 in a '93 Corvette in Wyoming. Not the top end, but I was coming up on an intersecting county road. Funny thing is it felt like I was driving @ about 75. Really smooth car.

snurp85

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
109mph in my '93 grand prix, thats the cpu cutoff :(

116mph in my 2002 altima 3.5L, definitely could have gone faster but the tires were old at the time and i didnt want to chance a blowout.

nocheese

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
142 on my bike, 2002 BMW K1200RS. 156 on the track using a rented Ducati at a Penguin Racing School event in NH.

Fastest in a car, somewhere in the 120 range in my old Volvo (was new back then).

Onyx2291

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
Fastest I have been in a car was 110mph, speed limiter.

Fastest I have driven (in the same car) was about 90. Not a lot of long straight roads here, and I was kinda scared :)

If you would have driven faster, things could have tuned out differently. Imagine how these these guys feel! They only made it a 'few blocks".

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?Worst_disguise_ever?_Burglars_cover_faces_with_permanent_marker&in_article_id=758993&in_page_id=2

facepaintarrestap450x30.jpg

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
135 mph down a country road in a '98 Camaro Z-28. It still had plenty to give, but common sense kicked in and I let off the gas. T-tops out, radio blasting and of course... no seatbelt!

I picture Goldi Hawn sitting next to you asking, "Bert, where's the Trans AM?!" 135 is impressive, but remember to keep that speed in perspective. For comparision purpose need I remind you, the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 feet per second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter.

Edit for Writer's embellishment and accuracy regarding speed.

Onyx2291

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
Really doesn't seem very fast at all, just feels like you got onto a road in a little bad condition as the car starts shaking a little more.

I guess that's that throws me off when I play Gran Turismo on my friend's PSP. Going like 150mph but it seems as though I'm going 50 so I'm flying to the outside in turns.

Glad console games give a greater sense of speed.

onyx2291 wrote:

Glad console games give a greater sense of speed.

I found this to be a [strike]pretty stupid [/strike]distracting concept. So much so, it caused me to misrepresent Sally Field in my earlier comment. Even thought I made the error before I read the comment, it was that distracting. In summary I would like to say Sally is hot in those Boniva commercials. Just watching the commercial helps my bone.

Status
Not open for further replies.