What is the fastest you have ever driv...

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the lowest price you ever paid for gas? The lowest I ever paid for a gallon of gas was .16 cents. The price hovered around .19 cents. That was 1971. The stations pumped the gas and cleaned the windshield. And gave me a free glass with my initial with a fillup. I worked at several gas stations too. Full service like this one :sol: .

Ever heard the expression, "He got his driver's license from Sears." ATTENTION. DO NOT click here if you have not actually witnessed someone drive who got their license from Sears and worked at a full service gas station simultaneously. Move to 1:40 for Super Service.

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

The Cheyenne Turbo S(not really a car), then my dads M3, followed by the Audi a6, a4, and then my Mitsubishi Galant in Boston...

Ive been in several fast cars like an SLR, EVO 8, and a M6, but I have not driven them...... Nowhere near supercars however....

Blindly leading by example I see. Grammar ediquette is not you're strong point.

Tanks. I've noticed the Mods locking some of you're threads before even a single reply. You can take a hike and get out of this thread too. The thread is months long and 7 pages in length. You are not needed to correct my spelling at this point. Beat it nOOb.

Goes out to the garage. Fills supersoaker full of gasoline. Pockets long butane lighter. Hops on bicycle. Rides through the Car Forum (use you're imagination). Uses supersoaker to hose down unsuspecting chimps of the forum. Flicks each using the long butane lighter. Rides back and hangs out with the apes.

You don't know the doctors I know. There was an OBGYN across the hall from us at one time. You don't want to know. I will mention the candlelit protests. And his wife's attempts to decpitate him. We were constantly in danger being located across the hall from him. I'm sure He weas packing all the time He was examinin'.

shadowryche

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
It was about ten years ago on Interstate 69 at like 3 in the morning. Was trying to get to Fort Wayne, IN in a hurry from Grand Rapids, MI. I was in my '89 Ford Probe Turbo GT. Had just passed Coldwater, MI when I seen the red bubble light up comming on the on ramp. Was about a mile from Indianna when I finally stopped and the State Trooper blew by me so fast it made my car sway with the breeze. He came to a quick squeeling rather unsafe stop, whipped and around and pulled up behind me. Sweating bullets he asked if I knew how fast I was going, informed him I was more interested in getting to Indianna. Said I was going 127mph in a 70mph zone. He didn't even write me a warning ticket though, said he was glad I stopped and figured I would had just kept going being so close to Indianna.

As for rolling over faster than 60mph. I was on the Ohio Turnpike doing 80-85mph when my drivers side rear knuckle turned to powder on the same car. Tire came off immediately and I made a hard left into the median rolling the car six times. Next thing I remembered was trying to stand up after crawling out of the car, at which point I passed out right away.

Quit trying to be smart and witty, it doesn't work for you man. Also, you didn't make no point in what you were trying to say really except the fact that you just wanted to throw out some negative comment without no real arguement in the topic. I would check your audacity level cause you can't even stay on topic.

Hey nOOb, nice to see you made it over from the Mattel site to Tom's. Take the women's lingeree off you're head when making a post. When I need you're approval, I'll ask and you remove the toilet sausage from you're filthy mouth and answer. Original. nOOb. Go back to your Mr. Potato head and take snake with you.

Too bad threednonsense wasn't riding shotgun and lost his head in the excitement.

A Tom's thread starts in May and a flame war starting six months later in November has never happened in the history of the site. It's nOOb hillbillies like threednonsense who should be banned from Tom's. The guy is useless. Have a look at his record. He is completely negative throughout his posts on this forum calling members 'idiots', 'morons', etc. as well as calling other member's systems 'junk. This guy has no sense of humor and will be banned before long if he keeps it up. Well, unless he is hit by a bus walking to middle school.

Wow Shadowryche, I'm 54 years old. Don't tell threednonsense (He gets upset if we try and justify any of this in his hillbilly mind), but I have had the Hwy. patrol motion for me to pull over passing through a speed trap in Death valley. I kept on going right through their attempt. Then about 10 miles down the rode I realized they may come after me. So I pulled in and hid behind some buildings and watch them truck on by. About an hour later when the coast was clear I drove on my way to the midwest. I had '74 Pontiac with a 455 cu. in. so scorching across the Mojave desert at 110mph was the rule. Speaking of turning over, I drove my '70 LeMans off a railroad embankment and got it stuck down in a ditch. It was dark and I missed a turn. The drinking had nothing to do with the guy who put that turn there. Anyway, I got a run out the ditch up to the top where the railroad track was and straddled the left front tire over the outer train track. I managed to floor it as the car hung from the track and made my way down to a spot wher there was a crossing road and the embankment was not so steep and got out. Had to drive down the track a ways to get out. I was mad at a guy for pulling a gun on me or maybe it was the hot beer and I left in a rage. It was 200 miles back to St. Louis and I drove 90-100mph the entire way. Two days later I was driving 40 miles an hour down the boulevard and my 'right' front wheel fell off and the motor dropped to the pavement and I skidded to an uncontrollable hault into a gas station. The A frame had broken off from the frame of my '70 LeMans. I got my uncle to take me to a junk yard and we got an A frame and put on there. The thing was so out of align it wore the tires off the front every 40 miles or so. I sold it for 50 dollars. Did I mention threednonsense is a spineless nOOb. 505090 is amazed that he never did any of this.

I type 200 words per with zero mistakes so excuse any typos. I was doing 250.

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
sorry badge but it does take a little more than that to amaze me. My trusty eclipse was pulling 120~130 down a country road that promptly (and much to my surprise) turned into a city road (in the ghetto) with one of those white signs that says something like 35mph. Well before I could respond there were flashing lights before and behind me, turns out there was a speed trap at the transition. Here the conversation at 3 am with a flock of crack dealers in the background.

Evening officer is there a problem

Do you know how fast you were going

Not really sure my dash lights blew, why

Do you realize the speed limit is 35 here

Kinda figured, was i over that? hard to tell with my dash out and all but I might have been going a little over.

Little over!! you went through my speedtrap before I could pick up the gun.

So you didn't clock me ? ? ? ?

No

And i know you didn't shadow me... is there something I can do for you officer....

Where to you work

I manage extreme auto on US1

(looks my car up and down) looks pretty rough for the manager of a performance shop (and it did)

Yeah but it can make it through speed traps quicker than some can pick up a radar gun (both is partners start laughing)

Well I'm gonna let you off with a warning this time (starts walking away)

Umm officer, sorry to be a bother

WHAT

Can i get that warning in writing nobody is gonna believe this

NO (storms off)

Roughly 2 months later I got pulled again and they red flagged my car. Literally red flagged it, I always thought that was a joke. They have red flags its made out of a piece of construction paper they put on your antenna. I had to walk 5 miles home and have my friends tow it back.

white signs that says something like 35mph.

We generally shot speed limit signs full of holes when driving by one and the urge occured. We were rarely challenged. Sticking a gun out the windows instead of deploying a 'Back off' sign was our way. That was before I met my girlfriend, a one time Hell's Angels supplier. You don't want to know. Except she was clean, mean and lean when I was with her.

Define a Tom's Hardware nOOb.

nOOb has 95 total posts and replies to a thread with 280 total post challenging the OP. nOOb joins September 10, 2009 and replies to a thread which began on May 9, 2009 four months before He joined wearing womens lingerie on his head. nOOb lives in parent's basement with no life and is told to get off the computer and get ready for middle school classes.

@Badge

I have been posting since 2005 actually, and from what I see nowadays, is just a bunch of people ranting pointless arguements with no real topic arguements now. If you been around posting as long as I have, you would have realized that my style is from way before and that people got way more brutal than this...

So anyway, back to the topic dicussion... Make your point son...

Just for the record, if you notice, some people think it's funny as hell the way I posted.

Anyway...

For some old dude that portrays himself to be classy and smart, you sure do throw out some highschool comments. "Take the women's lingeree off you're head when making a post." Is that some kind of joke, cause with that flat sense of humor I kind of missed it... I thought we were trying to stay on topic here.

@505090

Is that your best story? Lol. Try getting pulled over five times for your safety check before finally getting the ticket. The first four being the same cop, finally a different cop gave me a ticket. Which is funny cause I was drunk driving home slowly, and he was suspicious and probably picked up my license plate cause it was late. Turns out he asks me if I was drunk cause my car smelt like a brewery already (spilled a beer inside the car...). I pause for a moment and he asks me again impatiently, so I say yes. Comes back five mins later, and I think I'm going to jail at this point for DUI. Hands me my safety check ticket, and asks if I can drive home safely... Two mins later, I'm using his phone to call my friend to help me get my car out of a ditch. Another two minutes later... He's trying to help me push my car out. I drove away in disbelief in what he said. "Well, I had to write you a safety check ticket, it's a year expired, can you drive home okay?" in a worried tone. LOL!

Should have seen the other cop that pulled me over four times with no ticket given. By the last time he says "You again?... You know I can take this car away right?" "Uhhh yes..." "Why didn't you get it?" "I was really busy and I didn't have much time to get it" "Six months!?" "Uhhhh, yeah..." "You know what? Just don't let me see this car tonight... And get your safety check!!!..." Funniest part of that? He saw the open six pack with two beers left and didn't say nothing. And, I know cause he shined his light right on it and looked away.

Yeah, I never got the safety check... I just kept driving and racing that car at 140 mph constantly until it broke down... LOL!

I'm impressed. Someday you may make it from your parent's basement. Then again, maybe not.

No, that actually happened... Maybe you'll one day remove the ***** out of your ass. Then again, it looks quite permanent for you. Sorry, nothing I can do for you, but hey!, to each their own. Cheers.

Not to be being rude, but you are terribly insignificant. Well, yeah I meant to rude, nOOb.

Defination of a Tom's Hardware nOOb.

nOOb has 95 total posts and replies to a thread with 280 total post challenging the OP. nOOb joins September 10, 2009 and replies to a thread which began on May 9, 2009 four months before He joined wearing womens lingerie on his head. nOOb lives in parent's basement with no life and is told to get off the computer and get ready for middle school classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.