[SOLVED] What is the normal temp and max temp of RTX 2060?

Jan Bryan

Commendable
Feb 13, 2017
I have Palit rtx 2060 stormx, my graphics card only has 1 fan, and i installed 2 intake fans and 2 exhaust fans on my PC, when playing Metro exodus or AC Origins 1080p on ultra settings, im hitting 80C to 83C is this normal? My idle temps on my GPU is 40C

Solution
Maximum manfuacturers operating temperature for the RTX 2060 is 88 degrees.
Obviously cooler components are happier components, but I wouldn't be too worried unless I was constantly sitting over 85.

If you can improve air flow in your case, do so, as it does help, but also remember that your ambient temperature is important, as for each degree you are above normal test condition temperatures, you are a degree hotter as you induce load.

Sounds normal to me, just try and maximise cool air flow if you can and try and keep the GPU temps below 80 if you can. Anything above 85 and I'd start trying other methods.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Maximum manfuacturers operating temperature for the RTX 2060 is 88 degrees.
Obviously cooler components are happier components, but I wouldn't be too worried unless I was constantly sitting over 85.

If you can improve air flow in your case, do so, as it does help, but also remember that your ambient temperature is important, as for each degree you are above normal test condition temperatures, you are a degree hotter as you induce load.

Sounds normal to me, just try and maximise cool air flow if you can and try and keep the GPU temps below 80 if you can. Anything above 85 and I'd start trying other methods.

Solution