[SOLVED] What is the optimal cooling setup for an H510 Elite?

AntozJr

Prominent
Mar 28, 2020
So Im currently looking into changing my case to the NZXT h510 elite and just had a few questions about how I should set up fans and all that for it. (sorry if this is the wrong category)

I have an RTX 2070 super with an i7-9700 using a Kraken x52 liquid aio.

So the case has 4 fan mounts from what I’m aware and two are needed for my radiators exhaust, and the only place I can put that is in the front. Would I put intake fans on the back mounts or how should I set it up? reply with any questions if you need clarification on something. Thank you

Solution
NZXT's H500 series. They're a great chassis, with 2 major flaws:
1)Limited cooling options
2)This one plays right along with #1, in that both high power cpus and gpus can't be thermally managed well - it can do one or the other. For example, a 9900K + 2080Ti. A H700 would be better for that kind of combination.
The ideal way to use this chassis:
-if air cooling only, the stock config of top and rear exhaust is the best overall. The same applies to the H500 Elite which has 2 fans preinstalled in the front.
-if introducing liquid coolers, the front should be saved for a 240/280mm to be used as pull intake on the hottest and most power-hungry part between the cpu and gpu, with the cooler device left to be cooled on air.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
2)This one plays right along with #1, in that both high power cpus and gpus can't be thermally managed well - it can do one or the other. For example, a 9900K + 2080Ti. A H700 would be better for that kind of combination.
-if air cooling only, the stock config of top and rear exhaust is the best overall. The same applies to the H500 Elite which has 2 fans preinstalled in the front.
-if introducing liquid coolers, the front should be saved for a 240/280mm to be used as pull intake on the hottest and most power-hungry part between the cpu and gpu, with the cooler device left to be cooled on air.

Solution

AntozJr

Prominent
Mar 28, 2020
Okay I think I'll switch instead to the h700 just for the extra space for my radiator. I honestly didn't even know there was a 700 series haha. Thanks for your help!