Question What is the power usage / consumption of Antec A400 RGB ?

RealBeast

Titan
I can't seem to find it anywhere online ...I took the TDP Number listed below as a mistake as it says 150W ..but from what I understand , it refers to the CPU power or something
https://www.antec.com/product/cooling/a400-rgb ...can someone help ?
Yeah the 150 refers to the TDP that it can handle easily. An average 120mm fan uses about 3W of power while running at full speed, don't have the exact number on that specific 120mm though.

Reactions: COLGeek

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
And this gets tricky in this sense. From the photos and info shown it appears that his fan is NOT an RGB Fan or ARGB Fan in the current jargon. That is, the light ring in the fan frame front is NOT a separate lighting device powered and controlled by a second cable that plugs into a mobo lighting header. The fan appears to have only ONE power / control cable with a standard 4-pin PWM fan header connector. This means the lights are merely connected in parallel with the fan motor and draw all their power from the mobo FAN header. That increases the max current load being drawn from the header. Whereas a fan MOTOR ONLY typically draws 0.1 to 0.2 A max, fans with this type of lighting tend to draw from 0.25 to 0.45 A max. So OP must be aware of this and allow for it in some situations. It IS frustrating that a manufacturer does NOT provide this info anywhere.