intel i5-4690k
gtx 970 sc
gigabyte ga-z97p-d3
g-skill x ddr3
ssd for windows and main games
hyper evo 212 cooler
cx600 psu
windows 10 build 1903 latest

I am playing games on 1080p 144hz, i recently (literally yesterday 20th AUG 2019) got my pc rebuild because i had trouble with it and i gave up so i got a fella that knows
more than me to do it for me, im running on nvidia drivers latest ones and basically i thought it was PUBG thats the problem but i went on csgo and i play at 300+ frames and i get drops randomly anything from 20-140 fps and itll only be for one second but its really noticeable when playing, i have had this happening for a while and i switched form a 750 to a 1050 to a 970 and it still happens so its something else in my pc. i used unigine and i got these results:
GPU* min 58max 76 (* is degrees)
GPU utilization max 99%
i believe my pc was also running at about 74-76 degrees.
i think 76 is a bit too high but i have a cooler i got new paste put on and ive taken both covers off my pc i never used the main cover and i took the back one of while writing this.

I really dont want to build another pc as i have already bought a new cpu and gpu and yes they arent he best but i aint exactly asking for high graphics and shadwos im playing on all low as i literally dont care how it looks i just want it smooth.

overall i know my pc isnt great but jesus if it cant run cs smooth i dunno what to do...

Ralston18

Titan
Use the Task Manager and Resource Monitor tools to observe system performance.

Use one tool to first observe while not gaming and then again while gaming.

Then use the other tool and do the same.

Identify what all is being launched at startup and look for apps trying to update, backup, phone home, etc..

Key is to discover what the system is doing (or trying to do) when the frame rates drop.

DomLGK

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
Use the Task Manager and Resource Monitor tools to observe system performance.

Use one tool to first observe while not gaming and then again while gaming.

Then use the other tool and do the same.

Identify what all is being launched at startup and look for apps trying to update, backup, phone home, etc..

Key is to discover what the system is doing (or trying to do) when the frame rates drop.

hello thanks for the reply, so basically ive been looking over my rig and i seen i bought a dvi cable thats supports up to 60hz do you think this is the problem? obviously i didnt realise at the time it was only 60hz, my monitor is benq xl2411 coudl you link me a 144hz cable as im having trouble finding one on amazon