Aug 22, 2024
I'm having performance problems after my PC froze for the last time (it's happened to me several times) and I can't find what's wrong and I'm still not sure if it's a hardware or software problem.
To put them in context I have already carried out hundreds of tests and solutions (software) and nothing works, in another post they told me that it could be a disk problem since I have an HDD and with the freezing it could have been damaged but I think the problem comes from the power supply or the motherboard that does not supply enough energy to the components, an example of this is that the white LED above the 8-pin connector of the GPU does not turn on (it's been like this since before the problems) and the voltage that reaches the CPU is quite unstable.
What do you think could be the problem, hardware or software? I look forward to your responses, thank you.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2024
List your system hardware components & OS version. This will help immensely in aiding to diagnose the problem.
- Intel Xeon E5 2620 V3 2.40 GHz
- RTX 2060 6GB
- MoBo Qiyida x99 H9
- HDD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM
- x2 Corsair Vengeance 8GB 3200 MHz (PC use 1866)
- PSU ROG Strix 650w
- Windows 10 Home 10.0.19045

I make it clear that I never had performance problems before the last freeze.

ReeDoK

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2017
I'm having performance problems after my PC froze for the last time (it's happened to me several times) and I can't find what's wrong and I'm still not sure if it's a hardware or software problem.
To put them in context I have already carried out hundreds of tests and solutions (software) and nothing works, in another post they told me that it could be a disk problem since I have an HDD and with the freezing it could have been damaged but I think the problem comes from the power supply or the motherboard that does not supply enough energy to the components, an example of this is that the white LED above the 8-pin connector of the GPU does not turn on (it's been like this since before the problems) and the voltage that reaches the CPU is quite unstable.
What do you think could be the problem, hardware or software? I look forward to your responses, thank you.
Hello! When you say performance problems, what do you encounter exactly?

Aug 22, 2024
Hello! When you say performance problems, what do you encounter exactly?
Thanks for your response.
It is more noticeable in video games, from the 80-90fps that my PC reached before, now it goes above 55 at most and is unstable, sometimes it goes up to 80 but drops to 50, not suddenly, it is gradual. So I don't understand, what happened?